Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Current song playing doesn't show in the current song window

Current song playing doesn't show in the current song window

Plan. Premium 

Country

Việt Nam 

Device

BlackBerry 

Operating System. Android 

My Question or Issue

Suddenly the now playing pane pane has stopped updating to display the current song playing. On my Windows 10 PC I was earlier listening to Lana Delray, and that song is displaying on my phone as the song I am currently listening to, but I am playing a completely different song on my phone and nothing is playing on my computer. It doesn't matter how many different songs I click on and play the current song still displays the Delray song even though the music is different. 

16 Replies

Hey there @artpoetryfictio,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

In this case we recommend you log out from all devices and log back in. If that doesn't do the trick - perform a clean reinstall of both the desktop and mobile apps, following the steps in this article, because there might be an issue with the cache on your devices causing this behavior.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions don't hesitate to reach out here again.

Have an awesome day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having this same issue. I have followed all the steps above and I am still having the problem. Is there any further support?!?

I have followed all of these steps and I still have the same issue. I have logged in and out multiple times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. This issue us quite frustrating and has been going on for over 2 weeks now.

Here to say I am also having similar issues. I am only running Spotify off of my Android device tho, no PC. I have cleared cache, settings, uninstalled && reinstalled with no fix. 

There's a setting called "Spotify Connect in background", I was having the same issue but when I disabled that setting it seemed to fix it

I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion, it drives me up a frigging wall. 

Hey there folks,

Just jumping in here to confirm that this is something we are aware of and our developers are looking into it.

We recommend you check out this ongoing issue in case this is something you're experiencing. You can follow the steps in the Status Update to try and solve this and if the issue persists you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I find that force stopping the app to be useful when I experience this problem.

It says "Access Denied" when I try to view that link.

The web client in Firefox updates the now playing view just fine.  Not so with the desktop client.  I uninstall the desktop client and reinstall. The first time I run the desktop client again (Windows 10) the now playing song updates to match what is playing on my phone. If I close the client and start it again, it stops updating.

Hey @sadastronaut

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Could you confirm whether you still experience this after performing a clean reinstall of the app? We recommend this step for being more thorough than a regular reinstall since it removes corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

In case this persists after a clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that.

We'll look out for your reply. 

Ivan,

Thank you for the response and detailed steps. Unfortunately the clean install did not fix the issue. I also checked the hosts file and there are no entries related to Spotify.

Hey @sadastronaut,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to clarify - does happen only when using Spotify Connect? Also, could you specify which device displays the incorrect progress bar? We'd also appreciate it if you share the make, model, OS version and Spotify version on your phone.

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your replies. 

Mihail Moderator

I have the same problem. When using Spotify connect on Samsung S20+. When switching from phone to connect the time goes to 0:00 and stays there. When I switch back the elaps time is correct again. 

Hey @Ray0,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

From what you're describing it would seem that you're affected by this Ongoing Issue that we're currently investigating. You can add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner to be informed an all updates, as soon as there are any.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator

Just started having this issue a few days ago.

Suggested posts