Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mixes seem frozen

Daily Mixes seem frozen

Plan

Premium

Country

France

I have a problem since two or three month : my daily mixes does not change and seem frozen. I listen lot of electro style, but since one month I have listen some rock/metal and no change appear. It's always the same daily mixes in different order, and there is always a daily mix with some russian rap, because I have listen one or two song 3 months ago. How it is possible? How can I un-freeze my daily mixes?

10 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd first recommend listening to and exploring as much music possible that you enjoy for a week, making sure it's not from playlists that are personalized (for example, Discover Weekly). This should help update your Daily Mixes with more varied suggestions for you.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Last week I've try to listen only songs from search but it change nothings, always the same daily mixes. 

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for trying that out for us.

Have you tried using the like/dislike option in your Daily Mixes? It's available on the desktop and mobile apps, but not on the web player.

Selecting like/dislike on the songs in your Daily Mixes will give Spotify a better idea of what you (don't) like to listen to, and it will adjust your playlist accordingly.

Could you try this out for a week or so and see if you notice any changes?

Thanks! We'll be right here in case you need any further help with this.

Daily mixes change in order but inside it's always the same. I have one daily playlist since 3 months with a style I does not like and I have clicked on dislike on all songs, but it is always here... 

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for letting us know.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot showing us the Daily Mix with the songs which you have unliked? Make sure to let us know which songs in particular keep reapparing after you unlike them.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

I have listen one or two song of this type of music (sort of russian rap) three month ago. I have already dislike all songs of this playlist and it is always in my daily mixes.
I have retry to dislike all singers again today.

The others daily mixes are more my style of music, so it's not disturbing but it's a shame it's still the same months after months, since my listening changes.

dailymix.png

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you confirm that the songs which are in the screenshot are ones which you have unliked (clicked the 'ban' icon on) in the past, and that they are reappearing despite this?

Also, are the heart/ban icons showing up on your Daily Mix? If so, could you send us another sreenshot illustrating this (the hearts/bans seem to be cut out of the screenshot you sent us)?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

I confirm I have dislike all the songs in this playlist. I have no song I have liked in this playlist.

This is this playlist again today, I can dislike again to test.  

dailymix2.png

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for sending that screenshot over.

We suspect this might be an issue which is specific to your account. 

The best thing to do is to get in touch with our Customer Support team here. They will be able to help you out with transferring all your saved music to a new account and then closing the old one.

Once you've created your new account, it will take several weeks for your Daily Mixes to generate, but hopefully this time there shouldn't be any issues.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes - we’ll be right here if you have any further questions.

This is a horrible solution. They offered the same to me... I have hundreds of playlists created and I have a Premium Family account. Them creating a new account and transferring over playlists would mean that I would have to close that Family account and the other members of my family would have to rejoin, etc. That is a PAIN. 

WHY CAN'T SPOTIFY GET THIS RIGHT? Thousands of users have complained about this exact issue. Get it right!

Suggested posts