Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Default Playlist Name

Default Playlist Name

Hello, 

To keep track of albums i want to listen to, i usually create a playlist for each album. This used to work great, because when adding a whole album to a new playlist the default name would be 'Artist - Album'.

After the latest update however, the the default naming scheme seems to have gotten lost. Now you have to enter a name or press skip, then the default name is something like "my playlist 234".

I think this is a huge step backwards and adds nothing of use. 

11 Replies

I also discovered this strange change today. According to @SpotifyCares this "gives the user the option to edit the name of the playlist" which always been possible. Sounds that they didn't really understood my question even though I posted the link to your post which clearly describes the issue. Hopefully this is just a glitch in the matrix. The Windows application still has the "artist - album" as default.  

Have the same issue for a short time on the Android app. Really annoying, hope it is not intended functionality....

Agreed - very annoying update! I add albums to new playlists all the time, and the new naming convention means I have to type out the artist and album name myself. Irritating. Hope its reverted soon. No change in the Windows desktop app.

Just experienced this aswell. This is a huge loss. I have no intention of naming the PL anything other than artist-album name.

This is a giant step backwards. I just don't get why they removed this. It's really frustrating. 

Very annoying update!

Instead of tapping once getting the whole name right by default (Billy Bragg — Shine A Light: Field Recordings from the Great American Railroad) you're forced to tap 78 times - not an user friendly option! Try this in a subway or tram with one hand.

I'm listening music on a daily basis as well as adding new playlists. After the latest update, i've been adding playlists feeling frustrated 😞

Spotify, the least you can do with the next update is give us the USER FRIENDLY OPTION for naming by default 'Artist - Album' like in good old times or the other option for fill in manually.

You're doing this network service for us.

Agreed.  Step backwards.

Yes, this is a major User Interface miss. All of my playlists are albums(300+). If this functionality is not restored, I'll move to an alternative music streaming solution. That'd be unfortunate, as I've been a Spotify fan for 3 years. They were the best game in town for streaming, but if they're going to break my Use Case, I'm off to fulfill my streaming music needs elsewhere.

Yes, I totally agree and for the exact same reasons. I also keep spelling the bands name wrong. Why did they change this?

Very annoying! Please reverse this change. 

Seriously, guys? After a few months without, I'm finally able to afford Premium and this is what I come back to? What on earth would anyone want this change for? Renaming a playlist was easy enough before. Like others, I save albums as playlists, and I don't have time to type in names when I'm on the go.

I did a search for this, and the first result is a complaint about it dating all the way back to November, and since it hasn't changed, I can only assume it's going to stay this way. Since I already paid, I'll keep on for the month, but if there aren't at least plans to change it back by then, I'm gonna have to switch services to something a little more user friendly. 

Suggested posts