Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Mad4music
  • Visitor
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't watch music videos

I just see the image of the video and share but i can't see. When i press to see doest do anything.

• Regular
  • I just see the image of the video and share but i can't see. When i press to see doest do anything. 
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

OK Google in ad launches Google Assistant on Android Auto

The other night there was an ad for Google on Spotify and the phrase 'OK Google' was said a couple of times. Both times it launched the Google Assistant on Android Auto. I thought it was both funny and annoying.

• The other night there was an ad for Google on Spotify and the phrase 'OK Google' was said a couple of times. Both times it launched the Google Assistant on Android Auto.   I thought it was bot...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I put in my email and password and get a message saying that I need to go online to continue, but I am online... and either pressing cancel or connect both lead me back to the login screen.

• Casual Listener
  • I put in my email and password and get a message saying that I need to go online to continue, but I am online... and either pressing cancel or connect both lead me back to the login screen.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested music

How to delete the suggested music? 

• How to delete the suggested music? 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adverts on premium subscription when connecting to chromecast

I have signed up to a Spotify premium subscription today but when attempting to connect to Chromecast Audio the Spotify player gets stuck playing adverts. After playing 2 adverts the music won't play and the premium features no longer show as being a...

• I have signed up to a Spotify premium subscription today but when attempting to connect to Chromecast Audio the Spotify player gets stuck playing adverts. After playing 2 adverts the music won't play...
  • neo7
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

offline songs

if i had a premium account this month and i downloaded a few songs but next month i'm not premium more so all of my offline songs are lost. but if i get my premium account again do my offline songs get back without downloading?

• Casual Listener
  • if i had a premium account this month and i downloaded a few songs but next month i'm not premium more so all of my offline songs are lost. but if i get my premium account again do my offline songs g...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] queue button disappeared after December update

My queue bar, the one where you can remove from queue and change order of queue had disappeared.

• My queue bar, the one where you can remove from queue and change order of queue had disappeared.
  • annoyedcust0mer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    queue
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How to autoplay when I connect in car

Spotify used to autoplay when it connected to my car, but it's no longer doing that, I have a pixel 2 and a Subaru Forester 2018. Any ideas?

• Spotify used to autoplay when it connected to my car, but it's no longer doing that, I have a pixel 2 and a Subaru Forester 2018. Any ideas?
  • batnastard
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No lock screen widget on Samsung galaxy s7

Hello,I've got a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. When i play music I don't get any widget on my lock screen. All notification settings is on all that I can see. Android version 6.0.1 .What could be the problem?Thanks in advance.

• Regular
  • Hello, I've got a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. When i play music I don't get any widget on my lock screen. All notification settings is on all that I can see. Android version 6.0.1 . What could be the p...
  • GReenZ0ne
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

listen to spotify without downloading

i have an android with only 16gb of storage. whenever i listen to my spotify playlist, im not downloading the songs but i guess after listening to a song more than once it remembers it. this adds up and takes away my storage fast. i was wondering if ...

• Casual Listener
  • i have an android with only 16gb of storage. whenever i listen to my spotify playlist, im not downloading the songs but i guess after listening to a song more than once it remembers it. this adds up ...
  • calerock
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify elimina mi musica descargada

Me gustaria saber cual es la razon por la que Spotify elimina mis canciones descargadas una y otra vez sin motivo aparente. Cada vez que vuelvo a descargarlas al dia siguiente aparecen eliminidas. No he descargado musica en mas de tres dispositivos, ...

• Me gustaria saber cual es la razon por la que Spotify elimina mis canciones descargadas una y otra vez sin motivo aparente. Cada vez que vuelvo a descargarlas al dia siguiente aparecen eliminidas. No...
  • nemontana
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

SD card storage option gone

I have an SD card, but when I look through spotify settings, there is no option to choose where songs are stored. So everything goes on to internal where i don't have much space... any one have advice?Thank you kindly.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an SD card, but when I look through spotify settings, there is no option to choose where songs are stored. So everything goes on to internal where i don't have much space... any one have advic...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline songs stopped working

For the last few days I have not been able to download and play local files on my phone.I have local files on my pc which I have placed in my playlists which I have downloaded on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) and it have been working until a few days ...

• Regular
  • For the last few days I have not been able to download and play local files on my phone. I have local files on my pc which I have placed in my playlists which I have downloaded on my phone (Samsung ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I upload my songs to samsung iconx?

I want to upload my songs from spotify to my samsung iconx earbuds. Does anyone know how?

• I want to upload my songs from spotify to my samsung iconx earbuds. Does anyone know how?
  • nenadtulsa
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Android TV sound quality

What bit rate does the android TV app play music at?Thanks.

• What bit rate does the android TV app play music at? Thanks.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Google Now doesn't play Spotify music

Hey, so this is the problem. I know I'm suppose do be able to say "okay Google, play [song] by [artist] on Spotify" and it would automatically start playing the song. However, in these past few weeks, I am unable to do so.I have Samsung galaxy s7, un...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, so this is the problem. I know I'm suppose do be able to say "okay Google, play [song] by [artist] on Spotify" and it would automatically start playing the song. However, in these past few weeks...
  • Eggface5
  • 65 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 22 likes

Offline songs disappears (without being deleted) after a system update

Hello,After a system update (even a small one) the Spotify app doesn't show my offline songs as downloaded. However, the songs aren't deleted because the Spotify app still takes several gigabytes on my internal storage.This problem appeared on both N...

• Hello, After a system update (even a small one) the Spotify app doesn't show my offline songs as downloaded. However, the songs aren't deleted because the Spotify app still takes several gigabytes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Car radio malfunction

I have car radio with android 6. When I turn the car off radio screen goes black and speakers are turned off too. But inside of the radio spotify keeps playing. I know it because when I have turned it off for one minute and I turn it back on the song...

• I have car radio with android 6. When I turn the car off radio screen goes black and speakers are turned off too. But inside of the radio spotify keeps playing. I know it because when I have turned i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only view songs in Playlists and Albums.

I have a Spotify premium account and, ever since signing up and downloading the app and a good helping of my favourite tunes, I am only able to view my downloaded songs in Playlists and Albums view.I can't see anything in the Songs or Artists section...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Spotify premium account and, ever since signing up and downloading the app and a good helping of my favourite tunes, I am only able to view my downloaded songs in Playlists and Albums view. ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Available Offline songs "undownloaded" and greyed out

I have 1670 songs in a playlist (the old favourites-playlist) and I've been having a problem where most of the songs go from being downloaded and available to greyed out and unavailable for no reason. I first make them available offline, wait until t...

• Regular
  • I have 1670 songs in a playlist (the old favourites-playlist) and I've been having a problem where most of the songs go from being downloaded and available to greyed out and unavailable for no reason...
  • mgarey2
  • 41 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 12 likes