Default player?

Solved!

Default player?

user-removed
Not applicable

Is there anyway to make Spotify the default player on an Android system?  This is of most concern when I'm using the system in conjunction with a bluetooth interface in my car.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Default player?

amdoou

at last got it working, spotify auto play on connecting to bluetooth, in my case to bmw or zik headphones.

i am using this free app "Bluetooth connect & Play" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cp2.start.and.play.music.player

it detects bluetooth connection and plays the songs. Perfect untill spotify add it as in-build feature !!!!

32 Replies

licenced
Community Legend
No not at the moment
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

gvoima
Music Fan
Hope this gets implemented. It's very annoying if you have autoplay (or just play) over bluetooth, it starts up the android music player.

user-removed
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. 

claye
Bump! I need this, as I listen to Spotify more in the car than anywhere. How cool would it be to automatically start playing Spotify, instead of Google Music? Plus, my car screen wouldn't show the first G Music song title and artist the whole time, oblivious to the fact that Spotify is playing music.

Also, lock screen controls would be amazing. Those are the two features that draw me to G Music, and Amazon MP3.

Chrester
Regular

I found out today that if I empty my mp3 files folder on my  Desire HD it automatically starts spotify instead. Don't know if its meant to be like this but it works :)

Cheers!

Samsung Galaxy SII

Db0xa3
Thanks! That worked perfectly!

Liam
Community Legend

@claye wrote:
Bump! I need this, as I listen to Spotify more in the car than anywhere. How cool would it be to automatically start playing Spotify, instead of Google Music? Plus, my car screen wouldn't show the first G Music song title and artist the whole time, oblivious to the fact that Spotify is playing music.

Also, lock screen controls would be amazing. Those are the two features that draw me to G Music, and Amazon MP3.

Lock screen controls have been implemented ;)

angelotax
Casual Listener

Urgent matter to fix !

There must be a way to set spotify to be the default music player !

Solution!

amdoou

at last got it working, spotify auto play on connecting to bluetooth, in my case to bmw or zik headphones.

i am using this free app "Bluetooth connect & Play" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cp2.start.and.play.music.player

it detects bluetooth connection and plays the songs. Perfect untill spotify add it as in-build feature !!!!

SUGGESTED POSTS