Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Default player?

Solved!

Default player?

Is there anyway to make Spotify the default player on an Android system?  This is of most concern when I'm using the system in conjunction with a bluetooth interface in my car.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

at last got it working, spotify auto play on connecting to bluetooth, in my case to bmw or zik headphones.

i am using this free app "Bluetooth connect & Play" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cp2.start.and.play.music.player

it detects bluetooth connection and plays the songs. Perfect untill spotify add it as in-build feature !!!!

View solution in original post

32 Replies

No not at the moment
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hope this gets implemented. It's very annoying if you have autoplay (or just play) over bluetooth, it starts up the android music player.

Thanks for the replies. 

Bump! I need this, as I listen to Spotify more in the car than anywhere. How cool would it be to automatically start playing Spotify, instead of Google Music? Plus, my car screen wouldn't show the first G Music song title and artist the whole time, oblivious to the fact that Spotify is playing music.

Also, lock screen controls would be amazing. Those are the two features that draw me to G Music, and Amazon MP3.

I found out today that if I empty my mp3 files folder on my  Desire HD it automatically starts spotify instead. Don't know if its meant to be like this but it works 🙂

Cheers!

Samsung Galaxy SII

Thanks! That worked perfectly!

@claye wrote:
Bump! I need this, as I listen to Spotify more in the car than anywhere. How cool would it be to automatically start playing Spotify, instead of Google Music? Plus, my car screen wouldn't show the first G Music song title and artist the whole time, oblivious to the fact that Spotify is playing music.

Also, lock screen controls would be amazing. Those are the two features that draw me to G Music, and Amazon MP3.

Lock screen controls have been implemented 😉

Urgent matter to fix !

There must be a way to set spotify to be the default music player !

Marked as solution

at last got it working, spotify auto play on connecting to bluetooth, in my case to bmw or zik headphones.

i am using this free app "Bluetooth connect & Play" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cp2.start.and.play.music.player

it detects bluetooth connection and plays the songs. Perfect untill spotify add it as in-build feature !!!!

Nice app. I use A2DP Volume which does much the same and allows me to turn notifications off 🙂

Still haven't been fixed it seems. So i have a problem with my headphones remote control becuase of it. If spotify is inactive the button starts controlling google music. Yeah i can disable that app, but then i can't play audio files on my phone. The only thing that would come closest to a real solution is to be able to set Spotify as default player, even if it couldn't play audio files. 

wow this app works wonderful!! even sets the default volume 😄 thx

Here ia solution, works perfect. Please don't forget to donate;-)👍
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cp2.start.and.play.music.player

This works perfectly, thank you so much sir.

It's 2016 now and this issue is still not solved by Spotify? This is driving me nuts, every time I get in the car the default player starts. 

Please fix this.

By now I could make a very long list of issues Spotify didn't solve since 2012-2013. I'm actually thinking of starting a video blog about them.

The way I found to make Spotify my default player was by disabling all others in Apps settings.

There should be a control window when it's locked. I have a galaxy s6 and im able to do it. My issue is using voice commands. If I say "play music" Google music opens. I can't figure out how to change that.

I tried that. Didn't work for me.

Well for me when i press phone button in the car, i have it set to voice control, then play something it asked first time when i said it what app to use and i selected spotify and now it works.

But playback when pressing play button i car, i still starts google music.

Also I can't browse music when using spotify, but there was one time, when there was message about advanced features and music browsing, but i ignored it and now i can't find a way to enable it.

Suggested posts