Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search is broken reporting that I'm offline, even if I'm not

Can't use android app for some time now.Search is broken reporting that I'm offline, even if I'm not. I tried many things including (but not limited to):- reinstall app- clear cache data (helps for a moment, then problem appears back). Please advice....

• Casual Listener
  • Can't use android app for some time now. Search is broken reporting that I'm offline, even if I'm not. I tried many things including (but not limited to): - reinstall app - clear cache data (helps...
  • froszu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app stuck on Sony SmartWatch 3

Device Sony SmartWatch 3 // Sony Xperia X Operating System Android 8.0.0 I have an issue with the app in my SmartWatch as it reappears on the screen even after I have closed the app on my phone. I have tried rebooting the phone and the SmartWatch, al...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Sony SmartWatch 3 // Sony Xperia X Operating System Android 8.0.0   I have an issue with the app in my SmartWatch as it reappears on the screen even after I have closed the app ...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify und Sonos

PlanenAboLand GerätHTC U UltraBetriebssystemAndroid 8.0.0 Meine Frage oder mein Problem Wenn ich Spotify über die Sonos im Wlan spiele, laeuft kein Lied zu Ende, es springt im Song zum naechsten. Nach kurzer Zeit wird Spotify komplett aus und es muss...

•   Planen Abo Land   Gerät HTC U Ultra Betriebssystem Android 8.0.0   Meine Frage oder mein Problem  Wenn ich Spotify über die Sonos im Wlan spiele, laeuft kein Lied zu ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Continuous Notifications on Android Wear OS Smartwatch

Plan: PremiumCountry: UKDevice: Sony Smartwatch SWR50 (Wear OS 1.5) paired to Moto X4 phoneOperating System: Android Oreo I am plagued by more-or-less continuous Spotify notifications on my smartwatch. Every time I dismiss the "currently playing" not...

• Plan: Premium Country: UK Device: Sony Smartwatch SWR50 (Wear OS 1.5) paired to Moto X4 phone Operating System: Android Oreo   I am plagued by more-or-less continuous Spotify notifications ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Automatic music reproduction on other devices

Good Morning,I noticed that sometimes the app on my mobile phone (Huawei P9) tries to connect to an external device. THe problem is that I don't know why, because there aren't devices in my network. After asking me if I want to continue listening mus...

• Casual Listener
  • Good Morning, I noticed that sometimes the app on my mobile phone (Huawei P9) tries to connect to an external device. THe problem is that I don't know why, because there aren't devices in my network...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to post my playlist here

I dont know how to use playlist exchange

•    I dont know how to use playlist exchange
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download of local files not possible anymore

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceLG G4Operating SystemAndroid 6.0 Hallo everyone, Until the day before yesterday, everything went well: i have lots of local files on my computer which I imported in the desktop-version (Windows 10), put into a playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device LG G4 Operating System Android 6.0   Hallo everyone,   Until the day before yesterday, everything went well: i have lots of local file...
  • Intrater43
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Pop Up UI who else is irratated by it?

My Question or IssueWhoever designed the Spotify UI needs to reevaluate their love for popups. I don't wanna see the pop-up of there is Spotify being used in another device. I freaking know it. I just wanna change the song that is playing. Also I don...

• My Question or Issue Whoever designed the Spotify UI needs to reevaluate their love for popups.   I don't wanna see the pop-up of there is Spotify being used in another device. I freaking kno...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • baduseexperience
    badux
    pop-up
    Pop-ups
    UI
    UI Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not showing folders on Anroid app

PlanFree Device1+ 6Operating SystemAndroid I have the issue that my folders, that i created on my desktop version of Spotify are not showing up on the mobile app. I already reinstalled the mobile app and tried to synch the folders by turning on offli...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free   Device 1+ 6 Operating System Android   I have the issue that my folders, that i created on my desktop version of Spotify are not showing up on the mobile app.&nb...
  • Spotifydicksuck
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • anroid
    folders
    Folders not showing
    problem
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not detecting internet (among other issues)

I mean I wanted to post about how this is an android wide issue and a company like Spotify shouldn't even remotely be able to release such a flawed update but this website literally told me every word of my message was against community guidelines so...

• I mean I wanted to post about how this is an android wide issue and a company like Spotify shouldn't even remotely be able to release such a flawed update but this website literally told me...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stutter!

Hello, I have been experiencing a stutter while listening to Spotify on Bluetooth headphones. I've read countless post on this topic and nothing seems to help. The audio keeps on stuttering randomly every couple of minutes (music stops for 1-3 second...

• Hello, I have been experiencing a stutter while listening to Spotify on Bluetooth headphones. I've read countless post on this topic and nothing seems to help. The audio keeps on stuttering randomly ...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume goes up and down on it's own

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(Samsung s7)Operating System(Android) All of a sudden the volume will go up and down, when it feels like it. At first I thought this was an issue with the radio in my truck, but come to find out...it's happening no matter ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device (Samsung s7) Operating System (Android)   All of a sudden the volume will go up and down, when it feels like it.  At first I thought this was ...
  • Meditrina
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Uploaded Music Play on Android device

None of the below informationHow can I play or download music uploaded from the PC into Spotify on an Android device?I can not play the songs on my Android device.

• Not applicable
  • None of the below information How can I play or download music uploaded from the PC into Spotify on an Android device? I can not play the songs on my Android device.  
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist descriptions not showing

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy A5 2016Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue Is it possible to see playlist descriptions on mobile (for android)? When I click on the playlist, I only see the title and a few of the songs in the playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 Operating System Android 7.0  My Question or Issue   Is it possible to see playlist descriptions on mobile (for android)? When I...
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I tggle shuffle reproduction?

PlanFreeCountryItaly Device:Samsung Galaxy S6 Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueHow can I turn off the shuffle play of my Spotify playlists on my smartphone since while reproducing my playlists on Spotify do not appear the crossed arrows?...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Free Country Italy   Device: Samsung Galaxy S6     Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue How can I turn off the shuffle play of my Spotify playlists ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says it's offline when it's playing music that I don't have downloaded.

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceGoogle pixel 2 plusOperating SystemAndroid version 9 My Question or Issue Spotify won't allow me to use the search function, browse, or radio, claiming that I'm "offline" even when it's streaming music that I don't have do...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device Google pixel 2 plus Operating System Android version 9   My Question or Issue  Spotify won't allow me to use the search function, bro...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Behind the Lyrics not showing after update

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy S6 edgeOperating SystemAndroid Nougat My Question or IssueAfter update, UI of Now Playing has been changed. Since then, 'Behind the Lyrics' do not appear. How can I bring it back?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy S6 edge Operating System Android Nougat   My Question or Issue After update, UI of Now Playing has been changed. Since then, 'Behind t...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle doesn't work

Hi. On Android (one plus one 6) swiping to other song in shuffle, makes only few skips and then stop. Swiping doesn't work further . Why?

• Hi. On Android (one plus one 6) swiping to other song in shuffle, makes only few skips and then stop. Swiping doesn't work further . Why? 
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Distorted songs on mobile

PlanPremiumDeviceHTC Desire 628Operating SystemAndroid As of the newest update, local files from my PC are distorted on my mobile device.Reinstalling Spotify does not work. Both new and old files are distorted. Weirdly it seems like a lot of small "c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device HTC Desire 628 Operating System Android      As of the newest update, local files from my PC are distorted on my mobile device. Reinstalling Spotify does n...
  • Conny123
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SD download lost after reboot (problem since 2016)

First of all, shaaaaaaame. This problem has persisted since 2016, solutions have been offered. Step 1. Set storage to SDStep 2. Download a playlistStep 3. Reboot deviceStep 4. Presto chango. Your playlist has vanished in thin air and your storage loc...

• First of all, shaaaaaaame. This problem has persisted since 2016, solutions have been offered.   Step 1. Set storage to SD Step 2. Download a playlist Step 3. Reboot device Step 4. Presto c...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes