Definition of Explicit

Solved!

Definition of Explicit

davegball
Music Fan

I know questions about songs with explicit lyrics have been posted many times. I'm on the side of listening to songs the way the artist meant without censorship and I never paid much attention. I figured it was black and white. Censored or not. Explicit or not. However recently I've searched out songs with the Explicit label only to find the lyrics still censored. How exactly does Spotify define Explicit? It certainly doesn't appear to mean not censored. How can I listen to uncensored songs? The song in question is Drake, Get it together. The lyric is 'get our **bleep** together' and you know which word is censored. thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

You could use the contact form to flag it as a content error and Spotify will pass it onto the content provider. In my experience, it can be a long wait though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

davegball
Music Fan

Even the forums are censoring my posts. The bleeped out word is '...S.. H.. I.. T... '. 

Joe
Community Legend

Haha. The "Explicit" tag is actually set by the content providers , not by Spotify. The  article Content censorship may help explain some more.

davegball
Music Fan

Thanks for the clarification Joe. So what the article is saying is that the song may have been accidentally labeled as Explicit when it's not? Is there anyway to flag this? 

Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

You could use the contact form to flag it as a content error and Spotify will pass it onto the content provider. In my experience, it can be a long wait though.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS