Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Devialet Phantom ethernet connect

Devialet Phantom ethernet connect

I have a Devialet Phantom. When having the Phantom hooked up by ethernet I cannot connect via the android spotify app (the Phantom is not on the list of devices). If I setup the phantom using wifi I can connect. I really would prefer to be using the ethernet. 

Any ideas what the problem is?

Br, Henrik 

7 Replies

If you are using a seperate wireless router and modem. the ethernet connection should be to the router and not the modem - the devices won't be on the same network otherwise. Failing that, you may want to check that some firewall setting in the router isn't causing this issue.

Thank you very much for the reply. The phantom is going into my wireless
router, so I guess it should be a firewall issue?
Any idea about what I should be looking for?

Actually, their website only mentions using connect over wifi. Bearing in mind how much this gear costs, I'd suggest contacting Devialet to see what they suggest.

I already did, but they are not as fast in replying as you 🙂

Even when they reply, the quality of their suggestions is below anything imaginable. They might ask you to move Phantom closer to computer, for example.

It's hardly what I'd consider a portable device 😞

I guess you're stuck with using wifi until you can get a sensible answer out of them. It might be worth getting in touch with spotify support here (or tweet @spotifycares ) to see if they can help. If you do use the contact form and receive an automated response referring you to the help pages, just reply to it and you should hear back from a real live human within a day or two.

don't bother with finding out how to connect Android Spotify with Ethernet: no way! either you turn on wi-fi, or your ears will have no music!

that's why I switched from Spotify to different free streaming services, which perfectly run on Android with Ethernet (at least, with my Acer Iconia A200).

Suggested posts