Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lockscreen music controls just stopped displaying

Hi, I use spotify on my desktop computer but a couple nights ago installed it on my Nexus 4 android phone (4.2.1). When I first installed it and was playing a song I had music controls on my lockscreen for spotify. I thought this was cool as I though...

• Regular
  • Hi, I use spotify on my desktop computer but a couple nights ago installed it on my Nexus 4 android phone (4.2.1). When I first installed it and was playing a song I had music controls on my lockscre...
  • RoCremo
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Black screen

Since two days ago when I launch the app in my Xiaomi mi6 the app dont work. Only apear a black screen and then the app close...

• Casual Listener
  • Since two days ago when I launch the app in my Xiaomi mi6 the app dont work. Only apear a black screen and then the app close...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix - heart ratings not updating when new song starts

I play one of the new Daily Mix playlists and give a song either a heart or do not play again rating. When the track finishes and moves onto the next one the rating of the previous track still shows. I can clear it by exiting the main interface and g...

• Music Fan
  • I play one of the new Daily Mix playlists and give a song either a heart or do not play again rating. When the track finishes and moves onto the next one the rating of the previous track still shows....
  • paulwa
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading

None of my playlists are staying downloaded. I will download them and they say I likited the device limit. Even when I cleared all my devices in my account settings it is still not working. Help.

• Casual Listener
  • None of my playlists are staying downloaded. I will download them and they say I likited the device limit. Even when I cleared all my devices in my account settings it is still not working. Help.
  • music6129
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [nexus 5 - lollipop] music controls on lock screen missing

ive updated my nexus 5 with lollipop OTA and spotify doesnt show the music control on lock screen while playing. The only way to control is to turn lock screen notifications on and control it with the notification, which is kinda of messy to do it.

• Casual Listener
  • ive updated my nexus 5 with lollipop OTA and spotify doesnt show the music control on lock screen while playing. The only way to control is to turn lock screen notifications on and control it with ...
  • suveck
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Offline

Spotify is telling me there's no internet connection. it won't play anything that isn't downloaded and it won't download anything new. I'm nowhere near 3k songs, which I hear is about the limit. In using it on a galaxy s6 and power saving mode is off...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is telling me there's no internet connection. it won't play anything that isn't downloaded and it won't download anything new. I'm nowhere near 3k songs, which I hear is about the limit. In u...
  • DSBaron
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Player Stops every few minutes

Using Spotify on an Xperia z5, newest Update.The music Stops playing every few minutes wjether i use headphones or Not.Starting again over the widget doesnt work, i habe to go to the App an Press Play there again.Restart and Deinstallation didnt work...

• Using Spotify on an Xperia z5, newest Update. The music Stops playing every few minutes wjether i use headphones or Not. Starting again over the widget doesnt work, i habe to go to the App an Press...
  • debzlang
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

DIDU

Hola, en dias pasados realize un viaje fuera de la ciudad y mis playslist que tenia descargadas en algun momento indeterminado se borraron, me aparecian pero debia descargarlas otras vez, no se a que se deba esto ya me ha sucedido en dos ocasiones, q...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, en dias pasados realize un viaje fuera de la ciudad y mis playslist que tenia descargadas en algun momento indeterminado se borraron, me aparecian pero debia descargarlas otras vez, no se a que...
  • didu
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] Daily Mix fail in Bluetooth speaker

Cuando reproduzco un Daily Mix en mi reproductor Bluetooth no puedo cambiar de canción ni hacia adelante ni hacia atrás, además si recibo una llamada durante la reproducción la música continúa sonando.

• Cuando reproduzco un Daily Mix en mi reproductor Bluetooth no puedo cambiar de canción ni hacia adelante ni hacia atrás, además si recibo una llamada durante la reproducción la música continúa sonand...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app won't shuffle whole artist

I am having a problem where on the android app, I go to the artist and hit shuffle, and all it does is shuffle the "most popular" songs listed for that artist, I would like to know how to get it to shuffle the entire artist catalogue. thanks!

• I am having a problem where on the android app, I go to the artist and hit shuffle, and all it does is shuffle the "most popular" songs listed for that artist, I would like to know how to get it to s...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android Auto] playlists not playing same song order as app

I'm having an issue when using Spotify with Android auto. I have a "starred playlist" which contains songs that were added at random times. I have this list sorted on my phone and the desktop app with recently added on top. When I select this playlis...

• Roadie
  • I'm having an issue when using Spotify with Android auto. I have a "starred playlist" which contains songs that were added at random times. I have this list sorted on my phone and the desktop app wit...
  • gilbert123456
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • android auto
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsun Gear icon x

Hi,I'm Sofien. Sorry for my english but i'm italian. So, i bought samsung galaxy icon x how can i add my spotify playlist on local storage of this device?

• Hi, I'm Sofien. Sorry for my english but i'm italian.  So, i bought samsung galaxy icon x how can i add my spotify playlist on local storage of this device?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't save whole album

Hello People,My problem is that I can't save a whole album. I can save a couple of songs but the other songs are grey. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? The album in particular is 'Young as the morning and old as the sea' from Passenger. I ha...

• Hello People, My problem is that I can't save a whole album. I can save a couple of songs but the other songs are grey. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? The album in particular is 'Young ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

turn app from offline to online

There appears to be no way to turn the app from offline to online. There is no settings button, no more button, nothing.

• There appears to be no way to turn the app from offline to online. There is no settings button, no more button, nothing.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Add Songs To Playlist

Hey Guys, So I'm using an S7 Edge and recently having issues adding songs to playlists. When I click add to playlist on a song all that happens is it closes the options and doesn't bring up the playlists I could add the song to. Has anyone else exper...

• Regular
  • Hey Guys,   So I'm using an S7 Edge and recently having issues adding songs to playlists. When I click add to playlist on a song all that happens is it closes the options and doesn't bring up ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix Problem

I accidentally pressed the ban button and then a countdown showed up. In that moment in exicetment, I banned an artist. But everything was so fast. I couldnt get what happened. So i tried same thing this time to solve what it is. And two artist banne...

• I accidentally pressed the ban button and then a countdown showed up. In that moment in exicetment, I banned an artist. But everything was so fast. I couldnt get what happened. So i tried same thing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Changing country killed my Spotify settings

Hello, I'm Italian and work in the Netherlands.I always travel through the two countries many times (like weekends in Italy and working days in the Netherlands).I used to have my Spotify Premium since like 2 years working always correctly.I was regis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm Italian and work in the Netherlands. I always travel through the two countries many times (like weekends in Italy and working days in the Netherlands). I used to have my Spotify Premium ...
  • dacasanovat
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • country
    Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ford sync problem

Can anyone tell me how to fix Spotify playing through sync in my transit custom, basically it was working fine until lately, sync finds the app no problem but when I click on it to start it doesn't! Ive tried master reset, I've also pulled the fuse t...

• Casual Listener
  • Can anyone tell me how to fix Spotify playing through sync in my transit custom, basically it was working fine until lately, sync finds the app no problem but when I click on it to start it doesn't! ...
  • John_Madden
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot play music

I have been using Spotify (without premium) for several months with my LG G5. Yesterday every time I pressed the play button a message that says “get premium now to play ad free music everywhere”. I checked internet connection and it was fine. Tried ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify (without premium) for several months with my LG G5. Yesterday every time I pressed the play button a message that says “get premium now to play ad free music everywhere”. I ...
  • Chengcharmaine
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes