Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable Ford Applink with spotify

Solved!

Disable Ford Applink with spotify

Is there anyway to disable spotify from having my Microsoft Sync in my Ford from being solely controlled through the car? It's entirely bothersome to try and navigate through my car to get to a different artist or playlist when I could just do it easily through my phone.

On my end, my mustang has no nav, and I cannot find any way to disable Sync from completely controlling my phone's spotify app. All it shows is the spotify logo with an arrow to a Ford logo. Super annoying.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just downloaded the newest version of the app (5.6.0.701) yesterday, and it seems that the problem, for me at least, has been fixed. I have been able to control Spotify from my phone while using Bluetooth Media Stream. This morning, just for kicks, I connected via Applink to see what would happen. As expected, the Spotify/Ford screen came up, but, somewhat surprisingly, when I exited Spotify from the car's dash and went back to Bluetooth Media Stream, that screen went away and I was able to control the app from my phone again. I didn't have to restart the app or anything like that, it just worked exactly the way you would expect it to. I have a 2015 Fusion, without Nav/touchscreen.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Can confirm that with the latest update, you no longer get the Ford/Spotify screen over regular Bluetooth audio.

Marked as solution

Problem is solved with the latest update. Now my spotify works great again on my phone in my Fiesta 2014. Bear in mind, that it's possible, that your phone does not update automaticly. I had to remove my spotify app and the install the latest version on my Samsung S6. 

246 Replies

It's something that was changed with the recent update and needs to be rolled back asap.

Definitely needs to change. Ford sync is terrible, why would you limit your app to what ford is capable of. 

I wouldn't say that Sync is terrible, but the functionality with a small display as opposed to a Nav screen poses much restrictions and actually is way more distracting than using the phone portion.

This is on Spotify's end, as they could easily add the function to disable Applink from completely taking control, which has never been a problem for me before.

I have a 2012 Ford Fusion. I am using a Galaxy Note 5 and have the same annoying issue. One way that I found to get back to regular spotify is if the ford/spotify logo appears on your phone, on android atleast, open all running apps and end them all (including spotify). After that just click on the spotify app and it should open like normal and allow you to navigate using your phone.

TL;DR - Same issue. Try using spotify like normal. If it gives Ford/Spotify logo just exit the app. Close it from recent apps and reopen it. 

I know the whole, "Turn it off and turn it back on thing" is pretty dumb but its working for me atleast. Best of luck! I hope they fix this soon...

Please revert this change, or allow us to disable Applink. The Ford Sync interface is just not good. You have also totally moved my cheese when it comes to using Spotify in my car, which is where I'm using it 90% of the time.

Please allow us to disable applink. This just started today (6-11-16) and it has been very annoying to deal with. The UI for SYNC is not user friendly.. please, please, please fix this

I have a solution:

In my 2014 fiesta with Sync 1 i can disable apps from with in the interface in Sync (menu - Sync applications - Mobile apps - app settings - all apps - disable all
This seems to turn off the spotify link and enable normal navigation in the app

same problem. It's basically unuseable. I can't even use spotify because of this change. The ford sync functionality is just terrible.

Disable all didn't work for me. It really has made Spotify unusable... Gonna wait for a few days and cancel Spotify if it still exists

This is more of a hazard than a improvement. It's so annoying!

I've been a user of Premium Spotify for over a year now, if you guys don't revert back and disable this applink which makes Spotify unusable in my new Ford, I will be forced to cancel my subscription which is very unforunate because I really like the platform. Furthermore, even 10-15min after I have left my car the applink is still disabling my Spotify on my phone, this is over 10min after I left my car!!! Please fix this **bleep** ASAP.

By the way, this issue is not solved as shown by all the comments. Can we please have thread changed to unsolved and have someone from Spotify comment on the issue?

Agreed, this started happening after the most recent update. The only way I can access the normal Spotify menu is to clear cache of the app. When I reconnect to the car, it's stuck on the Spotify/Ford Sync splash screen and nothing else seems to help.

This is definitely a hazard. Please fix ASAP.

This update is terrible! It says you can use sync to change your Playlist, but all I get is errors. I really don't want to have to get rid of spotify, but I will if they don't change this.

Guys I just figured out a workaround on my f150. Change the name of your Bluetooth device. Mine was Sync F150 and I changed it to F150 and I regained functionality. Good luck.

I too am having this problem! It is extremely annoying, and will force me to leave Spotify if this is not fixed. I have tried restarting the app and closing apps, and this works some of the time, but the more I have done this, the more the app stays on the Spotify logo and ford logo screen. PLEASE FIX THIS! I use this app 98% of the time in my car and the controls are horrible using Ford Sync. 

Where did you rename the sync? In your phone's menu or in the car's menu? 

There does not seem to be an option to change the Sync name on the car side so I changed the Sync name from my phone, did not fix the issue... the Spotify app on the phone still takes control of my phone.

Same here, practically unusable now.

Suggested posts