Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Dislike' removed in favor of 'Hide'. Doesn't auto-skip or synch with desktop

Solved!

'Dislike' removed in favor of 'Hide'. Doesn't auto-skip or synch with desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android Pie (9)

My Question or Issue

Until roughly a month or two ago, when using the mobile app, I could 'dislike' a song when listening to the 'Discovery Weekly' list. This would skip to the next song and the song would also be greyed out (disliked) on my desktop app. Now I can only 'hide' a song which greys it out only on the mobile and doesn't auto-skip. This is an extremely annoying change as now I have to click 'hide', click to skip the song and then open the play list on my desktop to go through and clear out all of the songs I didn't like if I don't want to have them play again.

It worked great the way it was. Why did you change this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling just in case, works just the same, can only 'hide'. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @morsmortis

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We can confirm this is currently the expected behaviour of the app.

Since the recent roll-out of the new 'Hide this song' feature, the relevant teams are working on a way to align the Made for Your experience across devices.

For the time being, we suggest that you contribute your feedback in this active idea and consider adding your vote to it.

You can find out more about how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @morsmortis

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We can confirm this is currently the expected behaviour of the app.

Since the recent roll-out of the new 'Hide this song' feature, the relevant teams are working on a way to align the Made for Your experience across devices.

For the time being, we suggest that you contribute your feedback in this active idea and consider adding your vote to it.

You can find out more about how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Suggested posts