Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • iavned
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

So i see the free version of the app is still somewhat of a piece of s--h--i--t

So the its been months since i used spotify and the free app still sucks sure some improvements were made like you can actually sort songs aphabetically and find what song you have now. But still no queue or actual shuffling of songs. So really spoti...

• Roadie
  • So the its been months since i used spotify and the free app still sucks sure some improvements were made like you can  actually sort songs aphabetically and find what song you have now. But sti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot search for artists or go to artists' pages.

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSA DeviceOnePlus 5Operating SystemAndroid 9 Pie My Question or Issue:Whenever I search for an artist, the results do not include the artist themselves, only playlists featuring the artists, or songs from them . Additionally,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country USA   Device OnePlus 5 Operating System Android 9 Pie   My Question or Issue: Whenever I search for an artist, the results do not include the artist t...
  • Raresense
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Artist
    search artists
    Troubleshooting
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Android 9 Pie and Galaxy Note 8

Car view mode will not work with android 9. Also, cannot control music on lockscreen with android 9. Finally, app still will not detect landscape mode on note 8.PlanFPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 9 Pie

• Casual Listener
  • Car view mode will not work with android 9. Also, cannot control music on lockscreen with android 9.  Finally, app still will not detect landscape mode on note 8. Plan FPremium Country USA ...
  • prismcomputing
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android 9
    Galaxy Note 8
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't skip songs or pause when screen is locked

When my screen is locked, when I click to wake it up and press skip/pause it doesnt do anything. This also happens when I unlock my screen and drag the top bar down. I actually have to go into the app to be able to change songs and pause etc. This ne...

• When my screen is locked, when I click to wake it up and press skip/pause it doesnt do anything. This also happens when I unlock my screen and drag the top bar down. I actually have to go into the ap...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes

Premium features don't show up on android

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssuePlease help......I just switched over from Google Play yesterday and starting to regret my decision. I paid for the premium account, and on my desktop it works fine,...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Please help......I just switched over from Google Play yesterday and starting to regret m...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium Account App
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Podcast list is broken

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid P My Question or IssueSince the latest update, the podcast list is broken. It used to be very smart and show me exactly where I was. Now I only have the option to sort by unplayed or the ot...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android P   My Question or Issue Since the latest update, the podcast list is broken. It used to be very smart and s...
  • bbbbarryc
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Saved albums are no longer added to liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHonor 6XOperating SystemAndroid 7, EMUI 5 My Question or IssueThis has been happening ever since i got the new (worse) navigation with an update.: When I save an album its songss are no longer added to the "Liked Songs"...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Honor 6X Operating System Android 7, EMUI 5   My Question or Issue This has been happening ever since i got the new (worse) navigation with an updat...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

an ad that won't 'dismiss' off the daily mix playlist screen

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid There is an ad blocking the screen when I'm trying to look at my daily mix playlist while listening to it. And I try clicking "dismiss" but the background changes sometimes but you still...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Free Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android      There is an ad blocking the screen when I'm trying to look at my daily mix playlist while listenin...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Ads freezing app
    Android
    Spotify App
    Troubleshooting
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Moto X4 Android 9 Bluetooth steering wheel controls not working

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMotorla X4Operating SystemAndroid 9 PieVersion: PPW29.**bleep**-39-1(It's automatically censoring sixty9 up above)Spotify Version8.5.0.735Car2013 Toyota Prius My Question or IssueI'm not quite sure what triggered this probl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Motorla X4 Operating System Android 9 Pie Version: PPW29.**bleep**-39-1 (It's automatically censoring sixty9 up above) Spotify Version 8.5.0.735 Car 2013 ...
  • sathor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Logging Spotify Bug when in Offline Mode - known problem for at least years

Hello, - I am a premium Spotify user- I am using an S9 note Android phone with Android Pie version My Spotify account on the Android phone was in Offline Mode and accidentally I've logged out of the application. Now I cannot log in anymore due to the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   - I am a premium Spotify user - I am using an S9 note Android phone with Android Pie version   My Spotify account on the Android phone was in Offline Mode and accide...
  • This_American
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Player buttons not working

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceCayin N5 IIOperating SystemCayin v3.6 firmware (based on Android 5.1.1)IssueIn Spotify version 8.5.0.735 hardware buttons (Next, Previous, Play/Pause) on the player stopped working while the screen is locked though they...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device Cayin N5 II Operating System Cayin v3.6 firmware (based on Android 5.1.1) Issue In Spotify version 8.5.0.735 hardware buttons (Next, Previous, Play/Pause)...
  • MStefan99
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Cayin
    Hardware buttons
    Hi-Fi
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't find certain songs and artists

I can't find songs from some of the renowned artists. For example, Anne Marie, Alec Benjamin, Why don't We are not available to listen. Is there something that can be done?PlanFreeCountryIndiaDevicePoco f1Operating SystemMIUI 10.3 My Question or Issu...

• I can't find songs from some of the renowned artists. For example, Anne Marie, Alec Benjamin, Why don't We are not available to listen. Is there something that can be done? Plan Free Country Indi...
  • Brunelicia
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lag on s10+

PlanPremiumCountryNADeviceSamsung s10+Operating SystemAndroid PieMy Question or IssueAfter recent update closing out of the app there is a visible lag animation. While using the app also sometimes make closing other apps a lag animation.

• Plan Premium Country NA Device Samsung s10+ Operating System Android Pie My Question or Issue After recent update closing out of the app there is a visible lag animation. While using th...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android Pie
    S10
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I dont have a library of saved songs

PremiumCountry DeviceSamsung galaxy S9+Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI seem to no longer have a library, everytime I save a song it adds it to a playlist called liked songs and not to my library. The only...

• Premium Country   Device Samsung galaxy S9+ Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I seem to no longer have a library, everytime I sav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not syncing from mac to android phone

I have Spotify Premium and I am able to access my local files on my Mac computer. I created a playlist and added a soundtack from my local files to the playlist. All the songs transferred over on my Mac and I can play them on the computer, but only 4...

• I have Spotify Premium and I am able to access my local files on my Mac computer. I created a playlist and added a soundtack from my local files to the playlist. All the songs transferred over on my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Active Watch

Guys, I just got a new Samsung Active Watch and downloaded the Spotify App, but I simple don't have the 'Remote Mode' in it settings. It just allows me to play it as a standalone device. I just wanna use it to control the music in my phone. I already...

• Guys,   I just got a new Samsung Active Watch and downloaded the Spotify App, but I simple don't have the 'Remote Mode' in it settings. It just allows me to play it as a standalone device. I j...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • remote mode
    Samsung Gear
    samsung wear
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Metadata Doesn't Send to Radio after using another Bluetooth Audio device (such as headphones)

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceRazer Phone 2Operating SystemAndroid 9 (Pie) My Question or IssueSo as so many others have reported, when we go to use spotify via bluetooth in our vehicles (mine being Uconnect in a Ram specifically) it doesn't send the trac...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Razer Phone 2 Operating System Android 9 (Pie)   My Question or Issue So as so many others have reported, when we go to use spotify via bluetooth in ...
  • Kylejohnhenry
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Downloads not showing up

My Question or IssueIf I have more than 100 downloads on any artist they don't show up. I will click the artist & it will show the loading circle and then just be blank. This happens for to of my favorite artists & is very frustrating. It started hap...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue If I have more than 100 downloads on any artist they don't show up. I will click the artist & it will show the loading circle and then just be blank. This happens for to of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix is not loading new songs

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceMotorola G5SOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMy Daily mix playlist are not loading new songs as I'm listening, when the last song end it start all over again. What to do?

• Plan Premium Country Brasil Device Motorola G5S Operating System Android   My Question or Issue My Daily mix playlist are not loading new songs as I'm listening, when the last song end...
  • sonoflife
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Bring back ability to start a radio station but keep playing the song it’s based on

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueSpotify used to allow premium users to start a radio station based on a song by seamlessly continuing to play the base song. Now when I start a station, it cuts off the ba...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Spotify used to allow premium users to start a radio station based on a song by seamlessly cont...
  • lumster49
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes