Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Displays song titles that arent on Spotify?

Solved!

Displays song titles that arent on Spotify?

So you know how the song title is briefly displayed at the top of your phone screen after one song ends and another begins? I've noticed on multiple occasions it will display a song title that is not available on spotify at all. The first time I thought I was crazy, but it's happened twice while listening to Twenty One Pilots that Lovely (a track on Regional at Best) has flashed, then immediately after another title would display and that song would play. While listening to AURORA the same thing happened, the title Puppet was displayed, however this song isn't on Spotify. I'm wondering if there's a way to access these songs? Why do they show these titles? Will these songs be available in the future?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

They could be available in other countries, and it might take a fraction of a second for the app to skip to the following track... just guessing.
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @alinamburke, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It happens due to fact that not every album or song is available on Spotify.

The availability of songs on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label. Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

You can find out more information here

BittencourtSpotify Star

If the content isn't available, why are the titles still bring displayed? It's such a tease.
Marked as solution

They could be available in other countries, and it might take a fraction of a second for the app to skip to the following track... just guessing.
BittencourtSpotify Star

Makes sense, thanks!

You're welcome 🙂
BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts