Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download over cellular data DOES NOT WORK

Solved!

Download over cellular data DOES NOT WORK

I'm a Spotify premium user that had to FACTORY RESET my Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) in order to get Download over cellular data to work, IT DOES NOT WORK FOR THR NTH TIME NOW!

I've also tried doing a clean reinstall for a lot of times I can no longer count. Tried Remove all offline devices on my Spotify account settings. Called my mobile carrier to change network settings and access points. But guess what? DOWNLOAD OVER CELLULAR DATA STILL DOES NOT WORK GOD darn IT!

And if Spotify keep making excuses. My OS is Android Marshmallow, I have no sd card on (but VAST amount of device storage), I can connecto to the internet, I am 999999% sure that I am on 4g (because duh, you don't need rocket science to figure that out), I can download the songs over wifi. Storage permission for Spotify is allowed. I have vast amount of free storage. I can stream the songs. My internet works properly.

So WHY THE F*** CAN'T I DOWNLOAD SONGS OVER CELLULAR DATA?!

JUST HAND ME OVER A REFUND!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lwrnclscd!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

Just to confirm, are you able to download your offline music using WiFi connection? 

Also, are you getting any specific error messages when trying to save your offline tracks?  Please check these steps

Let us know how it goes or, if you have any questions. We'll be here for you. 

Sophia, 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @lwrnclscd!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

Just to confirm, are you able to download your offline music using WiFi connection? 

Also, are you getting any specific error messages when trying to save your offline tracks?  Please check these steps

Let us know how it goes or, if you have any questions. We'll be here for you. 

Sophia, 

I could not see reply/info which solved the problem.

I have same problem. Spotify ONLY work on wifi. Cannot use Spotify with cellular data (4G) and have 20GB free storage.

Suggested posts