Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Huawei Y6 2018

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Up until the most recent update I was able to click the download button for albums and podcasts with the do not download over cellular option selected in settings. This would allow me to browse, select items of interest that would then download later when I got into wifi areas. Saving me time and effort.

I now can't do that and am immediately redirected to the settings to turn on cellular downloads. See screenshot attached.

Bit annoying as this was a feature I used almost daily while commuting.

I'm sure its an easy fix... Please.

Screenshot_20190615-202857.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @c_dolan, thanks for reaching out!

Spotify will show you that option when you don't have an active Wi-Fi connection? Does this happen when you connect to a Wi-Fi network? 

Also, Spotify released a new update to improve your listening experience. To get to know how to use it, check out this Spotify Answer.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify will show you that option when you don't have an active Wi-Fi connection? - Yes, I know.

Does this happen when you connect to a Wi-Fi network?  - no, it does not.

The point of my post, as per original post, is that I previously used the download button to schedule downloads while out of wifi areas for later downloading.

Having tested a little further it still works ok for albums. It seems to just be podcasts that I get the notification with.

I am currently using the most up to date version for my Android device. This issue seems to only have appeared with this current version.

Will Spotify fix it... ? Who knows.

Hey @c_dolan.

Thanks for the reply!

It seems normal since you're trying to download without a Wi-Fi connection. It is strange that only podcasts are affected in this case.

If it used to work before, and not anymore, it sounds like it's intended. Make sure the app up-to-date for any new features and fixes.

Hope that helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts