Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded music does not play without a data connection

Downloaded music does not play without a data connection

I use the Android app to listen to music when I go skiing, and there isn't a good enough signal to get a data connection on my cell phone.  I download albums, podcasts, and playlists to listen to during these times.  

When I go to select a new set of downloaded music, the app will not load the tracklist when there is no data connection.  There are often delays of up to 5 minutes where "No internet connection" is displayed.

Is this intended behavior?  Could it be fixed?  It's on an LG V35 playing through bluetooth helmet speakers, if that makes any difference.

3 Replies

Hey there!

We recommend you try a clean install of the Spotify app which tends to fix most general issues. Remember that you will need to redownload your library after this. Here are all the steps for a clean install on Android and for all other basic troubleshooting tips you can go through this guide. Keep us posted on how it goes, we are here to help.

Throw a like my way or choose this as a solution if I helped.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a new phone on a new cell network now. Snow sports start in 2
months, I'll let you know if it still happens. Spotify still shows me a
spinning wheel for a few seconds loading the library in airplane mode, which
could go on forever if the phone is on a dodgy data connection.

Hey there @codermyers,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Before listening offline, you need to download the content that you want to listen to and activate the Offline mode. You can find how to do so here

If afterwards you're still having issues, we suggest that you try performing a clean reinstall on your phone following the steps @Amayy sent previously. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts