Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs keep moving to internal storage

Downloaded songs keep moving to internal storage

Motorola g(7) plus

Android 10

Spotify 8.5.54.869

I have a Motorola G(7) Plus, with 64gb internal storage, and 128gb SD card. I have Spotify set to download songs to the SD card. My phone came pre-installed with Android Pie. Earlier this week it receive an OTA update from the manufacturer to Android 10. Once the update was complete, all my songs had been wiped, and re-downloaded to the Internal Storage. Once the download had finished, I then moved them back to the SD card.

I then had an issue with another app, and in the process of troubleshooting I rebooted my phone. On restart all my songs were now back on internal storage, and I had to move them again.

This morning I had an internet glitch with my wifi, and so rebooted everything (router, pc, tablet, and my phone). Now I find my songs have again moved back to internal storage and I am going to have to move them again. It looks like this is going to happen now any time I reboot my phone. How do I stop Spotify from keep moving my downloads back to internal storage?

4 Replies

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and KindleFire 5th gen, same issues. Uninstalled, re-installed, still can't see external card, after having everything shunt to internal card with update.  Just looked again.  Note 3 now lets me designate the external card.

With both external cards, it looks like there is a lot more space than there should be. Other things unrelated to Spotify seem to be gone. Deleted.  Check your other files. This might be an android fail, not necessarily Spotify. or both.

Update. Note 3 : Spotify now sees external card. But mulitple crashes.

Kindlefire - stopped seeing card altogether. Turned off, popped card out, clean, re-insert, now Kindlefire sees it.  Spotify sees it, letting me save songs to it. For now.

Hey, I know I'm a little late but I may have found a fix.

I think when you start your phone, Spotify immediately attempts to find your downloaded songs in storage, but sometimes it does this quicker than your phone identifies the SD card, so it bugs out.

I downloaded an app that prevents apps from starting in startup, I used it on Spotify, and it fixed it for me! Here's the app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.advancedprocessmanager

Hope this helps someone 😉

Thanks, Lucas! Only just seeing your reply, but hope it helps others. I simplified life, and got a phone back that I'd lent to someone else. Using it for media player, will try the Note 3 with your suggestion later.

Suggested posts