Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading a Playlist to an Android Phone Question

Solved!

Downloading a Playlist to an Android Phone Question

Premium

United States

Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro

Android 6.0.1

Hello,

I have installed the Spotify App on my phone and understand how to compile a playlist.

That done,can I then dowload a playlist(or playlists) to my phone? That is,can I put those data on my phone and play music from my phone's memory,without connecting to Spotify,so that I don't use minutes from my cell provider's allotment?

I don't want to defraud anybody and I would only make one copy,from my premium account,for my private use.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @wbee, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

You can download as many playlists and songs as you want up to 10 000 for 5 different devices for your account. Once downloaded you won't need internet connection to listen to those songs.

Simply open the Spotify app and navigate to those downloaded songs and playlists to start playing music. Check this article for more.

There's no way to play the downloaded songs out of the Spotify app. Spotify uses protected files, so music player like iTunes or WMP can not read those as music files. Only Spotify can understand those files. Also you need to use Spotify, because only this way Spotify can pay for right holders.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @wbee, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

You can download as many playlists and songs as you want up to 10 000 for 5 different devices for your account. Once downloaded you won't need internet connection to listen to those songs.

Simply open the Spotify app and navigate to those downloaded songs and playlists to start playing music. Check this article for more.

There's no way to play the downloaded songs out of the Spotify app. Spotify uses protected files, so music player like iTunes or WMP can not read those as music files. Only Spotify can understand those files. Also you need to use Spotify, because only this way Spotify can pay for right holders.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thank you:-)

Suggested posts