Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading lists... problem

Downloading lists... problem

So I have just started my 30 day free trial on Spotify Premium. So far so good. But when I click on a playlist

that I want to download (because I want to be able to listen in offline mode, ofc) it doesn't say "Download" at the

top. That green big button still sats "Shuffle play" as it does when you have the Free version of Spotify.

What should I do??

Thanks a lot

7 Replies

So I signed up to try the 30 day free trial, because I wasn't happy with the free version. However I'm not sure if it updated correctly, because I can't seem to notice any difference after I "payed"... How do I double check if I've got premium on my phone?

Thanks a lot

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Oh I forgot, it also says on the top that I should turn on 2G/3G to download. But I'm already connected to the Internet.

Strange, can you try logging out and back in again? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've tried that.

Since this is the first time I do this... what shoudl I do on Spotify on my computer? I've set the playlists I want on my android phone as "Available offline"... Is there anything else I should do? At the top under "File" there is this option "Offline mode". Does that have anything to do with the synching/my mobile device?

That button will just download music to your desktop. The Shuffle Play button at the top of playlists on mobileis a feature in Premium too. Under the button you should see an "available offline" switch to download. Alternatively, you can long press a playist name and select "download".

If none of this is working for you, let's check that you do in fact have premium. In the desktop client, please click on your name in the top right, then account. Does the account overview which opens show you have an active subscription?

If it does, please check that you are logged in on your android with the same credentials. Can you play a track (premium feature) by selecting it?

Aaaaargh @user-removed ! Why start two threads for the same issue? Don't you realise how inefficient that is? So I just wasted my time replying, probably unnecessarily, to you other thread 😞

Merging this into the one thread.

Suggested posts