Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friends list on mobile spotify app gone

Friends list on mobile spotify app gone

Hey Spotify

My Friends side on the mobile app, is all white, and not presenting any facebook friends. I'm logged in with facebook, and can´t understand this. I have tried to un and reinstall, but without no help. My wifes spotify app, is showing her friends, but mine doesn´t. What to do?

I cant find anything i the FAQ, but if you know exactly where to look, I´d be happy.

10 Replies

Can you try heading into Facebook > Account Settings > Apps > Spotify, and delete Spotify. Then try logging in again as normal. That'll hopefully refresh your Facebook connection and show up your friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hej Adam.... I dont know how... But I have tried this alot of times, but this time, it worked!!! Thanks for the help

@DannyBrazil wrote:

Hej Adam.... I dont know how... But I have tried this alot of times, but this time, it worked!!! Thanks for the help

I'm magic - things only work when I tell them to. 😉

Just kidding. Glad it's working for you now though! Time to celebrate!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Same thing is happening to me but I'm not using a Facebook login (older login).

I've tried logging out and back in but it didnt fix the problem.

Same for me, also not connected to facebook. The friends activity is just empty. Also I can't share songs with my friends anymore, the name completion doesnt work either. This is very very annoying.

Spotif is the latest version. I'm on android 4.3

regards!

Guys please, I'm a paying customer, so at least a reply from the staff would be nice! 

Hiya. Non-facebook friends disappeared from mobile apps a few weeks ago. It has been escalated but no news yet. You could try using the online contact form to get a direct answer from the spotify team. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Hello, I've got some news on this issue.

I had an email conversation with the support team. In my request, I told them I guess the issue is related to my profile not being connected to facebook. They replied with many ideas on how to solve this including logging out and uninstalling spotify rebooting reinstalling and so on. They even logged in to my account to find that it is not related to my account. Finally they got to the idea that it could be because my profile is not connected to facebook 🙂 

Then they said that this feature is not _yet_ implemented, but I could post a feature request on the community forum. I answered and told them (for the third time or so) that it used to work for a long time - and this needs a bug report, not a feature request. Last respose was this: "It may be worked back into future updates but I can't say if or when this will happen."

All this is really annoying. I will have to reconsider my subscription. But at least the support team is very kind and they reply very fast, +1 for this.

The cynic in me has the confirmation that this feature removal was intentional. I'm now believing that this is the result of some kind of deal with Facebook whereby FB agreed to grandfather in our accounts (not forcing us to link a FB profile to Sportify) but, in exchange, Sportify had to make it as unfriendly as possible for us...

I love me a good conspiracy!

I've got to admit, I had the same idea already. 😕

Anyway, I've opended a feature request on this: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Friends-list-on-android-for-non-facebook-users/idi-p/6...

I hope that there are devs around who can fix this. But what we need now is kudos for the request, so that they discuss the feature request: "Once an idea reaches 100 kudos, the idea officially entered into the idea review process (not before). This means, when an idea reaches 100 kudos we review the idea in our weekly community meeting." (from http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/What-happens-to-the-idea-I-submitted/td-p...

Suggested posts