Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading with Spotify Premium

Solved!

Downloading with Spotify Premium

I have a US Samusung Galaxy S3 (android).  I have a premium spotify subscription and I have 2 questions.

1. My understanding is that when I download a song or songs I will not be charged an additional amount over my monthly premium subscription...I am just downloading the songs to play via the spotify app so in the future I don't have to stream them and use up my carrier's data allotment. Is this correct?

2. My phone has (16gb) of storage and I have an SD card (64GB). When I download songs via the app on my phone, the song automatically goes onto my phone's storage, not my sd card. I want the downloads to be saved to my phone's sd card instead. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Awesome...thanks again!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I want spotify premium

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there!

1. Answer is yes. OPffline playlists are streamed from memory card, not from Internet.

2. Yes, download old app and setup SD card and then autoupdate app to new. Follow http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/How-do-you-set-storage-to-external-SD-on-today-s-rele...

Any questions? Just ask!

Thanks!

1 yep correct

2 missing functionality. The only way to do this is to find and install an old version of the app - version 4.xxx - set the download location from the login screen then upgrade back to the new version. Various posts about this in this forum
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Wow! Thanks for the quick  replies....

"2. Yes, download old app and setup SD card and then autoupdate app to new. Follow http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/How-do-you-set-storage-to-external-SD-on-today-s-rele..."

Is there any chance I will lose my playlists when I do this?

Yes, you need to download Offline content once again. But playlists are saved to Spotify servers, so after re-install you get all your lovely lists you have in Spotify! 🙂

Marked as solution

Awesome...thanks again!

Enjoy!

Marked as solution

I want spotify premium

Suggested posts