Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Downloads buffering in offline mode - podcasts

Downloads buffering in offline mode - podcasts

Hi.

Usually, I download episodes of my favourite podcasts and music to listen to in offline mode. Sometimes the reception is very bad in my area, hence downloaded content is my prefered way of listening. 

However, recently I have had a problem with my downloaded podcasts. Despite being fully downloaded, it seems like the podcasts still are downloaded/streamed on the fly, when I walk around. So the podcasts are sort of buffering when I play them, despite being fully downloaded. The podcast play for a few seconds, then buffers, then plays a few seconds etc. 

I tried a few solutions with no luck:

- The problem only occurs for podcasts. Downloaded music is working just fine. 

- I tried redownloading the podcasts again. Still the same problem. 

- I tried different podcasts. Same problem with all podcasts

- I tried reinstalling the app. Still the same problem

- I tried with different headphones and speakers. Still the same problem. 

- Yes I checked: The app and phone is not on power-saving mode 

Any solutions out there?

Plan

Premium

Country

Greenland

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi.

Usually, I download episodes of my favourite podcasts and music to listen to in offline mode. Sometimes the reception is very bad in my area, hence downloaded content is my prefered way of listening. 

However, recently I have had a problem with my downloaded podcasts. Despite being fully downloaded, it seems like the podcasts still are downloaded/streamed on the fly, when I walk around. So the podcasts are sort of buffering when I play them, despite being fully downloaded. The podcast play for a few seconds, then buffers, then plays a few seconds etc. 

I tried a few solutions with no luck:

- The problem only occurs for podcasts. Downloaded music is working just fine. 

- I tried redownloading the podcasts again. Still the same problem. 

- I tried different podcasts. Same problem with all podcasts

- I tried reinstalling the app. Still the same problem

- I tried with different headphones and speakers. Still the same problem. 

- Yes I checked: The app and phone is not on power-saving mode 

Any solutions out there?

8 Replies

This post has summed up my problems perfectly. I am really trying to move all my podcasts to Spotify but my inability to listen to a single podcast uninterrupted is causing me to reconsider my choice. The JRE isn't worth the frustration. PLEASE HELP.

I've changed all my setting etc., I think its just a bad app.

Hi folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

@dinvenanders, sorry for the delayed reply, we've just come across this thread. Can you let us know if the issue still persists? If so, even though you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, we suggest that you go through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one. 

@1156552244, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device? Additionally, let us know if you're having this issue only with your downloaded podcasts or with your offline music too. 

Cheers - We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yep, same problem here... Looks like I will be listening to a lot less JRE. I already miss the Podcast app...

Happened on both my old and new phone I just got (iPhone 12 pro)

Hi @sealere

Welcome to the Community!

We suggest keeping the app updated to its latest version to ensure optimal performance. It's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps to see if that helps things.

Additionally, could you let us know if this is only happening on your phone or on another device too?

Also - sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Utilizing a Samsung Note9 fully updated (still today) having the same issue with podcasts. There are a couple dead spots on my way to/from work and I thought downloading would prevent such interruptions, but it doesn't.

Hey @Mister_S,

Thanks for the reply.

Have you activated the offline mode of the app before attempting to play the downloaded podcasts? Downloaded content without an active offline mode is not guaranteed to be playable when there is no internet connection. Here is how to activate the offline mode.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you I will try that.

Hey @Mister_S,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

Don't forget to keep us on the loop about this. If this is still happening, please send us the exact OS version of your device along with the Spotify version you're running there.

Is this happening when trying to play a specific podcast episode? It'll be really helpful if you send us the link to it so we can try a reproduce this behavior. If this is happening no matter what podcast you're trying to play, please let us know.

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts