Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Editing playlist order on spotify mobile (Android)

Solved!

Editing playlist order on spotify mobile (Android)

Why doesn't spotify support manually changing the order of playlists on the mobile version?

Is there some kind of technical hurdle to work around or are Spotify just not listening to the people that are asking for it?

220 Replies

I'm laughing, literally laughing at these !d!ots employed by Spotify unable to fix an issue I raised here 3 years back..our 4? A simple script, the same as Apple.
Pathetic!

I do wish someone would reply and explain why this hasn't been fixed? I would like to use Spotify as a one stop solution for all my music listening (and particularly for playlist curation) but this is making me want to quit altogether.

Wow.. More than 2 years and still no solution.....

There's no such option on the Samsung note 4 (which is android). No filter, no sort, no option at all to rearrange songs within playlists...

@Bassiks sorting/filtering is a feature of the app, not the device. Check out this for instructions.

Ooooookay! I found what you were talking about! Thanks, that helped a whole lot! However, it would still be nice if we could manually edit playlists. Thanks Joe! Much appreciated!

if you have access to a pc then you could simply log into your account on that and click and drag to change the order of songs. I know this doesnt help if you dont have a pc, but I figured it was worth mentioning for whoever doesn't.

This actually doesn't work.  I've tried on my Samsung as well as my Husband's and friend's windows phones.  The sort feature will let you select 'sort' but you can't actually change the order manually.  You can only choose by title or by albumn, which really stinks!

I have these 5 songs on this playlist. And I want to change the order. Is there a way to go to your library>playlists> simply just click and drag the re order. Then SAVE the order??

Why isn't it user friendly. So complicated. Don't want to "go upnext" it always reorganizes it or double adds it?
Screenshot_20160923-005533.png
Screenshot_20160923-005551.png

Manually reordering tracks isn't available on android but, as there are only 5 tracks involved you can create a new empty playlist then add the tracks to it in the order you want them to play.

It is astonishing that there is still no editing function available for Playlists on Android devices.  I have Spotify on my Samsung tablet and phone but have to go to a PC to re-order my playlists (both the order of the playlists and the order of the songs).  It's there for IOS but for some unknown reason, Spotify won't extend the same functionality to Android users.  Of course, we're paying the same (and I pay) as they are.  

Solution - Rearrange your playlists from the Spotify PC application and the order will translate/sync through to the rest of your devices (Android or iOS).

Tested this and it won't work right away, but give it a few minutes to sync and it works.

I think SPOTIFY is owned by Apple or they have a large stake in it. About to switch to napster if it works with my Serato Dj software. Been going through available albums and artists and they have access to music not available on Spotify. Only downfall is makng playlists has not been easy and Rhaphsody has a stake in it now although BMG was the one that bought out Napster originally.

This is NOT a solution. I'm not going to lug around my PC in order to edit
the order of my songs in a playlist. iOS app can do it. Do the same for
android already.

I currently carry around both an iPhone and android and edit my playlist on
the iPhone then play it on android. Also not a SOLUTION for this issue.

We all know that... The issue occurs with Android, which is unacceptable,
as it is such a useful and simple feature.

I'm sorry but the above link does not solve this issue. What we want is to be able to manually change the order of songs in a playlist on Android and there is currently no way to do this . Since no one seems remotely interested in solving this issue, I think it's time we give up.

I'm an online DJ and I had hoped Spotify could function as an iTunes alternative when I'm not on my laptop, for assembling songs and as a one-stop solution for music sharing but I don't think so anymore.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows an alternative music streaming service that actually gives Android users full functionality?

Google Play music has a premium version that mirrors the functionality of Spotify while also allowing playlist editing. I highly recommend everyone on this thread try it out.

Suggested posts