Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Note 8

Operating System

Android 9.0

My Question or Issue

Explicit songs play even though explicit filter is enabled. 

I have my explicit filter enabled on my device. I play my music through an Amazon Echo. I have the profanity filter also enabled through the Alexa app. I have tried to sign out and sign in from my Spotify account and also I have reinstalled  the app.

I cannot select explicit songs via the app, it is greyed out as expected. However when I put a playlist on it plays the explicit song if it is next on the list.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Derrick

4 Replies

Hey there @derrickkong1983!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Can you try connecting to a different device with your phone to see if you get the same issue?

We'd also suggest trying a clean reinstall of the app to make sure you have the latest version and that any outdated files are removed.

Give all your devices and your router a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

If a family member or a friend has a Spotify account, it could also be a good idea to ask them to log in on your device to see if the app behaves the same way.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Tried this previously and retried again and it worked once. But the second time I went back in it didn't work and ignored the filter.

Thanks,

Derrick

After over a year, this issue still remains - I just need to keep an ear out for bad language and skip the song manually. Not great for the kids.

Hey there @derrickkong1983,

Thanks for getting back to us and we're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. We're here to help.

First up, would you mind trying with a different phone to check if the same happens?

Additionally, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

On another note, if you have a Premium Family plan, you can allow or block anything with an explicit tag for other members of the plan by following the steps here

Lastly, we'd like to know if this only happens with your speaker or with other connected devices as well. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts