Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Premium

Solved!

Family Premium

I just upgraded from the premium plan to the family premium plans and I'm not sure why if two of us are playing music at the same time the music keeps pausing. I thought the point of getting the family plan was , so we can play our music at the same time. Please let me know if I misread the ad when I upgraded or if I'm going something wrong.

Thanks for your help .
Jeremyhutton31@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Jeremyhutton31 and welcome to the communtiy!

I'm sure we will solve your issue! I also upgraded to Spotify Family a week ago and everything works perfectly fine, so I'm sure we will make it too on your account!

You said you are already on the Family plan. So I want you to check this link first. Now you can see a few empty spaces for other family members and there should be at least one person, so that the whole family plan makes sense, if not:

You also said that "...if two of us are playing music at the same time the music keeps pausing.". I guess that's because you both logged yourself in on the same account.

How to solve it:

1. You need to create a second Spotify Account, unless one of your family have another one.
  2. Click Here and send the link to the person you want to add
  3. Let the person click on the link and log itself in
  4. Now you are ready to go (the added member should appear here now) and you can now listen to Spotify Premium with both accounts but paying the Family Abo

Official information and Help (just in case :P)

If you have any questions or is something unclear? - Just reply here.

Keep It Up!

IIJH

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Jeremyhutton31 and welcome to the communtiy!

I'm sure we will solve your issue! I also upgraded to Spotify Family a week ago and everything works perfectly fine, so I'm sure we will make it too on your account!

You said you are already on the Family plan. So I want you to check this link first. Now you can see a few empty spaces for other family members and there should be at least one person, so that the whole family plan makes sense, if not:

You also said that "...if two of us are playing music at the same time the music keeps pausing.". I guess that's because you both logged yourself in on the same account.

How to solve it:

1. You need to create a second Spotify Account, unless one of your family have another one.
  2. Click Here and send the link to the person you want to add
  3. Let the person click on the link and log itself in
  4. Now you are ready to go (the added member should appear here now) and you can now listen to Spotify Premium with both accounts but paying the Family Abo

Official information and Help (just in case :P)

If you have any questions or is something unclear? - Just reply here.

Keep It Up!

IIJH

Thank you for your help. Problem solved

When I switched my family over to premium as admin I don't show up on my account as active.
I have resent myself the link but it says I'm already a member of PFF.
When my wife(who's account is active) plays music on the PFF it pauses mine.
Very frustrated.
Chris Plante

Suggested posts