Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with Chromecast Audio and Android

Solved!

Problems with Chromecast Audio and Android

Hi!

I'm using the new Chromecast Audio wth two Andoid smartphones and an Android tablet. There is no problem to play an album or a playlist BUT if I want to skip a song or choose a new song from same or other playlist the music stopped. It is not possible to push the play button again, its stop again. So I have to stop the chromecast connection and connect again - than it works again. I think there is a bug in the app, because I use always the latest versions of Android and Spotify app. Somewhere else has this problem, too? Or maybe already a solution?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So its fixed. Spotify support set me up with a test account that worked. Then Spotify released my email address, I signed up again on a new account, Spotify support then re-linked my playlists. All sorted. Songs skip without any problems.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hi,

got exact the same problem when using the spotify app on my Samsung Galay S4 with the newest version of android and spotify app installed.

In addition to the problem you described the chromecast audio stops playing when - with a song playing -

a) i press the button to skip to the next track and immediatly press the button to go one track back.

b) i press the skip to the next track button two or three times immediatly

Then the chromecast audio stops playing and the app is in pause mode. When then pressing the play button nothing happens...

Tried to turn different options in spotify on/off,  changed network from a 5 to 2,5 Ghz connection, reinstalled the spotify app...nothing works.

Hi marcus_he,

yes, that was exactly my problem as well. I was in contact with Spotify support. They send me a test account and with these account it worked properly without any problems.

So they delete my account and I have to register new again. After that Spotify restore my playlists and saved albums. Now it  works perfect like expected!

So get in contact with Spotify support - they will help you!

Hi twilightsound,

thanks for the Information. Contacted the Support today and waiting for an answer.

I would like to add that the problem also appears when I'm using Spotify on my iPad Air 2 and the chrome cast audio. 

So it seems to be a problem with the account, as you said, or a hardware problem with the google chrome cast audio.

Hey, I wonder if you've resolved the issue. I have exactly the same problem with chromcast audio on android

Hi,

i was in contact several times with the Spotify support. Did a reset of my account, tried a Spotify test account, changed all kind of network settings, nothing works.
No mobile phone problem because I also tried it with the iPad. Same problem.
Definitly no hardware defect of the chromecast because all other apps work, including other music streaming services.

I have got same problem with my Chromecast Audio and Spotify (android smartphone/android tablet/windows notebook).
I followed what user twilightsound suggested (thanks!), but the problem persists even with the test account Spotify Support sent me.
I tried to set up a new wireless network using my smartphone as a hot spot and... magically ALL WORKS VERY WELL.
The problem therefore seems to be in the connection between Chromecast Audio and my ADSL router.

Hi, Do you think you'll fix it with ruther, or du you need to use mobile data constantly. I have tested with two other chromcaster that I have an old verson and a new on, have the same problem there, but when I play Spotify without chromcast on my Android it works just fine

Hi,
i have the same problem. Will try to get in touch with the spotify support. For me it all worked perfectly while i was using the test month for premium. Now that i registred to premium the problems suddenly started. Will post if i find a solution.

I was already going to change my internet provider.; the "switch off" was just yesterday.

Now, with my new ADSL-FIBER provider, and with a new modem (that they sent me) CHROMECAST AUDIO WORKS!

Then I deduce that there was a sort of incompatibilty of Chromecast Audio with my old modem (Netgear DG834G) or with my previous provider (Wind) or, more probably, the speed of new provider is much higher.

Regards.

Marked as solution

So its fixed. Spotify support set me up with a test account that worked. Then Spotify released my email address, I signed up again on a new account, Spotify support then re-linked my playlists. All sorted. Songs skip without any problems.

Using the account of a friend chromecast audio works flawlessly. So it is my spotify account that's responsible for the problems with skipping tracks. How did you contact support?

How did you manage to contact Spotify Support? I'm having the same issue here with Android and my chromecast.... I tried moving my chromecast audio around to have better WiFi signal, but same result.... It plays fine, from the moment I don't skip any song on the mobile. Otherwise the Chromecast will no longer play, and I'd need to restart the app on my mobile...

Any?

Hi. Having the same problem myself. If you skip a track chromecast stops and you can't play any further until I shut down spotify and restart Google cast. Please help. How do I contact spotify regarding this issue.

How do you do to contact Spotify to reset your account? They dont seem to have support but just this forum.

I did that and they asked me to provide lots of details then said it must be a problem with the galaxy s4 so they closed the job. Not very useful

why is this marked as solved??  it just shows that there is a problem with the communication between some routers and the spotify app when streaming with chromecast.

I still don't see any solution in the internet (there was a solution with creating a new account, but first I cannot believe that this does anything and second I don't want to lose my account with hundreds of playlists ordered in folders)...

I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible, in the meantime you could only:

- start the Google Cast App on your mobile device and in the menu go to "cast screen/audio" and mirror your device screen there

- start playing spotify without using chromecast in the spotify app

needless to say that this is still a big problem because than you could hear every sound from your device through the chromecasting speakers. and with this method the volume level is much less

I get exactly the same thing. The app's cast connection is obviously so badly coded. It has been the same through every version for months, if not years.

Suggested posts