Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Change of country

Hello there,I have an account registered in Greece but I am currently in Norway for some days. I changed my country to Norway but we started a family premium plan and I can not be invited because my country is different from our family's one. How cou...

• Hello there, I have an account registered in Greece but I am currently in Norway for some days. I changed my country to Norway but we started a family premium plan and I can not be invited because...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing released song

Hi guy's him a french canadian and yesterday a french artist called benash released a new featuring whit booba on spotify and every one in france have it on spotify but for me and my friend in canada we its not there for some reason could some one he...

• Hi guy's him a french canadian and yesterday a french artist called benash released a new featuring whit booba on spotify and every one in france have it on spotify but for me and my friend in canada...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume automatically lowers itself

Hi i have a note 4 on android 5. At the start of any track for the first second it will play at max volume then it will automatically lower itself, this is then the max volume and i cant turn it up any higher. I have checked all settings and done as ...

• Hi i have a note 4 on android 5. At the start of any track for the first second it will play at max volume then it will automatically lower itself, this is then the max volume and i cant turn it up a...
  • vjx89
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Low volume
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

From UK, but can't download spotify for my phone whilst in SA

Hi Crew, So I am visiting South Africa and thought i'd download Spotify for my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) whilst I am here, but it would seem that I cannot do it because it is not supported in SA?Can anyone tell me what I can do? Can cle...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Crew,  So I am visiting South Africa and thought i'd download Spotify for my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge) whilst I am here, but it would seem that I cannot do it because it is n...
  • bkgroenewald
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting tracks.

Hi All,Am trying to get rid of some tracks from my playlists so I can add other stuff (so it's available offline). I have the option to 'remove from playlist' but some songs are on more than one playlist & I want to get rid of them entirely. Any idea...

• Regular
  • Hi All, Am trying to get rid of some tracks from my playlists so I can add other stuff (so it's available offline). I have the option to 'remove from playlist' but some songs are on more than one pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't connect to Chromecast Audio today?

Hi!I have Spotify Premium, the last few weeks I have experienced that I lost theconnection between my Spotify app (both ios and Android).I've been able to reconnect, but today no connection at all?!I can stream and cast from other apps except Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have Spotify Premium, the last few weeks I have experienced that I lost the connection between my Spotify app (both ios and Android). I've been able to reconnect, but today no connection at ...
  • StaffanSandblom
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Desconexion de session y contraseña no aceptada

Hola, tengo una cuenta premium normalmente nunca cierro la session y ya es la segunda vez en apenas un mes que me encuentro con la session cerrada y en cuanto entro el nombre de usuario y contraseña no me la acepta y tengo que restablacer la contrase...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, tengo una cuenta premium normalmente nunca cierro la session y ya es la segunda vez en apenas un mes que me encuentro con la session cerrada y en cuanto entro el nombre de usuario y contra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! sd card on my Samsung 6

I have bought a plug in SD card to add storage to my S6 so I can keep a good number of downloaded music from spotify without using up phone storage.I select "store to sd card" and all seems to be fine initially but then when I close and open spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have bought a plug in SD card to add storage to my S6 so I can keep a good number of downloaded music from spotify without using up phone storage. I select "store to sd card" and all seems to be f...
  • Stevemb41
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify clogging up my phone's internal storage even though I'm just streaming.

New phone: Huawei P9 liteVersion of app: Android 7.8.0.607 armV7Same old SD Card problem spotify refuses to fix, on the verge of cancelling subscription tbh. Not much internal storage space, 64GB SD card w. lots of space, spotify refuses to save anyt...

• Casual Listener
  • New phone: Huawei P9 lite Version of app: Android 7.8.0.607 armV7 Same old SD Card problem spotify refuses to fix, on the verge of cancelling subscription tbh. Not much internal storage...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Lockscreen problem

Hello, I got huawei p8 max. And lockscreen doesn't work on my phone. When I lock the phone and press the button again nothing seems on lockscreen . And I did go to settings and allowed it to be displayed on the lockscreen but it just doesn't work. Wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I got huawei p8 max. And lockscreen doesn't work on my phone. When I lock the phone and press the button again nothing seems on lockscreen . And I did go to settings and allowed it to be displ...
  • Kawaiipotato88
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved on sd but thinks its on internal

So my Spotify downloads the tracks to my sd card.Android shows that the data is stored on my sd card when i look in the storage settings. But the data is withdrawn front my internal 32 gb.I've done the usual thing like resetting, extreme quality etc....

• Casual Listener
  • So my Spotify downloads the tracks to my sd card. Android shows that the data is stored on my sd card when i look in the storage settings. But the data is withdrawn front my internal 32 gb. I've ...
  • derekos
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android 5.1.1 can't stream to Android SmartTV

Hi allI have had a problem with the Spotify Smart TV app for about two months. Here is what I do:1) Power on my Android phone and my Android SmartTV2) Open Spotify app on the SmartTV3) Open Spotify app on the phone4) Select a song on my phone and sta...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all I have had a problem with the Spotify Smart TV app for about two months. Here is what I do: 1) Power on my Android phone and my Android SmartTV 2) Open Spotify app on the SmartTV 3) Open...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    MIUI
    Philips
    SmarTV
    Spotify
    streaming to devices
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Epic collection...

Must delete songs? WTHeck, how can you have to much music, FROM A MUSIC APP? AA BIT OXYMORON, PLEASE HELP ME, OR DO I NEED TO GET ANOTHER APP, SUCH AS Rhapsody or Pandora please help

• Casual Listener
  • Must delete songs? WTHeck, how can you have to much music, FROM A MUSIC APP? AA BIT OXYMORON, PLEASE HELP ME, OR DO I NEED TO GET ANOTHER APP, SUCH AS Rhapsody or Pandora please help
  • florisvaneck
  • 5 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 13 likes

Blank Screen When Accessing Songs

So basically I turn my phone(galaxy s7 edge) on, open spotify, and navigate to the songs tab, and it shows up completely empty. If i try to navigate back to the your music section, it also shows up blank. So I need to close and restart the app someti...

• Casual Listener
  • So basically I turn my phone(galaxy s7 edge) on, open spotify, and navigate to the songs tab, and it shows up completely empty. If i try to navigate back to the your music section, it also shows up b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Install app abroad

Hello, I used Spotify Premium a lot during my vacation in Thailand. Now I broke my phone and bough a new one. Android Play Store does not allow me to install the spotify app. It says: This article is not available in you country. I live in Austria. I...

• Hello, I used Spotify Premium a lot during my vacation in Thailand. Now I broke my phone and bough a new one. Android Play Store does not allow me to install the spotify app. It says: This article is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The app stops working entirely

I've been using the app for the last 10 days. It's only happened once. It's the most frustrating app I have ever used. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which is more than capable of running any app on the play store. So what happened was:1. Paused Spo...

• I've been using the app for the last 10 days. It's only happened once. It's the most frustrating app I have ever used. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which is more than capable of running any app on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unavailable songs

Hi i want to listen to unbreakable from bon jovi but somehow that song is not availible can anyone tell me why?

• Hi i want to listen to unbreakable from bon jovi but somehow that song is not availible can anyone tell me why?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium

I'm trying to renew my premium but it just keeps saying put in your card month. I put it in for example as 09/19 and its still not working.

• Visitor
  • I'm trying to renew my premium but it just keeps saying put in your card month. I put it in for example as 09/19 and its still not working.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Noise and Sound Quality Issues on Android Marshmallow

I use Spotify almost exclusively on Android connected to Bluetooth and hear a lot of noise in the sound when music is playing. The audio system is very high quality and doesn't have any bluetooth noise from Apple devices or older Android versions, it...

• Regular
  • I use Spotify almost exclusively on Android connected to Bluetooth and hear a lot of noise in the sound when music is playing.  The audio system is very high quality and doesn't have any bl...
  • peter1233
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes