Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify mutes the sound when used with Mirrorlink

Hi! I'm using Spotify in my Peugeot 208 through MirrorLink, with the Rockscout app. I'm having this issue I cannot solve. When I turn Spotify on, almost every time the whole system just gets muted, the radio, everything. Music is running but I just c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm using Spotify in my Peugeot 208 through MirrorLink, with the Rockscout app. I'm having this issue I cannot solve. When I turn Spotify on, almost every time the whole system just gets mut...
  • MatheusH18
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

bluetooth cuts with Samsung galaxy tab A

Hi!I'd like to ask a question about Bluetooth here in this forum because Samsung's one is not very good.If I use Spotify android app and bluetooth on any sound device (car audio system, hifi system...), I get some Bluetooth audio cuts that are long a...

• Roadie
  • Hi! I'd like to ask a question about Bluetooth here in this forum because Samsung's one is not very good. If I use Spotify android app and bluetooth on any sound device (car audio system, hifi syst...
  • S3ndG
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app stops playing after 20 mins

Hi,My Spotify app plays for about 20 mins then stops. I then have to restart my playlist. Never had this problem before. I am on Android using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I am a premium user not that that should make any difference.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, My Spotify app plays for about 20 mins then stops. I then have to restart my playlist. Never had this problem before. I am on Android using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I am a premium user not tha...
  • augustedelweiss
  • 36 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 5 likes

Las canciones se detienen

Tengo un Samsung J7 Y cuándo estoy escuchando música las canciones se detienen o simplemente no se reproducen, esto sucede con el celular estando conectado a Internet, Tengo que desbloquear el celular e ingresar a la aplicación. ¿alguien? ¿ayuda?

• Tengo un Samsung J7 Y cuándo estoy escuchando música las canciones se detienen o simplemente no se reproducen, esto sucede con el celular estando conectado a Internet, Tengo que desbloquear el celula...
  • kelekelesiu
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT

It says my music is saved to my SD Card, but when I looked I don't see it. It's only on my playlist

• It says my music is saved to my SD Card, but when I looked I don't see it. It's only on my playlist
  • Esteban9
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android] Media-style notifications are broken

Is the "Media-style notification" broken for anyone else? Since about a week ago I now no longer see the large album art in the notification, andno longer see the album art on my lock screen.I believe it's because they changed the number of action it...

• Casual Listener
  • Is the "Media-style notification" broken for anyone else? Since about a week ago I now   no longer see the large album art in the notification, and no longer see the album art on my lock scr...
  • sheptang1
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot view my play queue

I click on the now playing at the bottom like usual, but the button to view and change the songs in the queue is gone.

• Casual Listener
  • I click on the now playing at the bottom like usual, but the button to view and change the songs in the queue is gone.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify forgets/don't remember last played song

HiMy app forgets last played song on normal exit (after a while) or after kill.It started happening one or two updates ago. I've already tried full uninstalling and deleting all spotify folders and files from my phone.Didn't helped and of course I ha...

• Regular
  • Hi My app forgets last played song on normal exit (after a while) or after kill. It started happening one or two updates ago. I've already tried full uninstalling and deleting all spotify folde...
  • NickK1966
  • Casual Listener
  • 27 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 4 likes

[Android] About The Add-free Time Offered

It appears that any time I / we skip a song, Spotify deducts the full-length time (plus more time) of the skipped song, even if users only listened to a few seconds. I skipped three songs in two to three minutes and my add-free was gone.

• It appears that any time I / we skip a song, Spotify deducts the full-length time (plus more time) of the skipped song, even if users only listened to a few seconds. I skipped three songs in two to t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect works under wife's account on all devices but not on my account.. both premium

I've started having issues recently with spotify connect. I have been unable to connect either my android phone, android tablet, or windows 10 laptop to my samsung HW-J650 soundbar. I can connect devices to each other, but not to the bar. It doesn't ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've started having issues recently with spotify connect. I have been unable to connect either my android phone, android tablet, or windows 10 laptop to my samsung HW-J650 soundbar. I can connect dev...
  • bhutchinson1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Connect
    Windows 10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Autoplay of my Playlist with Lockscreen / Kein Autoplay unter Lockscreen

Hi, sorry for my bad English (from Germany). My Problem: My Spotify App Android with Samsung S6 is not working right.When I choose a Playlist which is not downloaded and play it,I go back to the Homescreen of my S6 or chose the lookscreen,the next tr...

• Hi,   sorry for my bad English (from Germany).   My Problem:   My Spotify App Android with Samsung S6 is not working right. When I choose a Playlist which is not downloaded and ...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume is going down when starting different App

Hi everybody,I'm using the Spotify premium App on my OPO3 with Android 7.0.A few days ago Spotify started to automatically tear down the volume when starting Pokemon Go and tearing it up again when I close Pokemon Go or switch to another App.The Prob...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody, I'm using the Spotify premium App on my OPO3 with Android 7.0. A few days ago Spotify started to automatically tear down the volume when starting Pokemon Go and tearing it up again ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix

Love my Daily Mixes but at the bottom of the playlist it states that 'More songs load as you listen'. Not for me. As soon as the Daily Mix comes to the end of the visible playlist it stops and then reverts to the first track, which I have to activate...

• Love my Daily Mixes but at the bottom of the playlist it states that 'More songs load as you listen'. Not for me. As soon as the Daily Mix comes to the end of the visible playlist it stops and then r...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Functions with AOA 2.0 and Spotify in car

Hi everyone, which functions are suported by Spotify in connection with Android Open Accessory Protocol Version 2? I know that the basic functions (play, stop, forward(back) are supported. But what about choosing playlists or interprets from your spo...

• Visitor
  • Hi everyone,   which functions are suported by Spotify in connection with Android Open Accessory Protocol Version 2? I know that the basic functions (play, stop, forward(back) are supported. B...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Google Cast problems when skipping tracks

Generaly works ok but somewhat tempremental, so a few gripes(a) When skipping tracks quickly via the phone app, audio stops on the chromecast audio (CCA).. So the two systems become out of sync. Only way seem to be able to over come is to stop the ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Generaly works ok but somewhat tempremental, so a few gripes (a) When skipping tracks quickly via the phone app,  audio stops on the chromecast audio (CCA).. So the two systems become out of sy...
  • Johnyb62
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • chromecast audio
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

When I hit shuffle it plays a different song then what is in the Playlist.

Hi,I've had this problem for about a week in a half or so. So I have multiple playlists with only one song in it. When I hit shuffle it plays a different song then what is in the Playlist. Does this to almost every playlist I have. I have done everyt...

• Hi, I've had this problem for about a week in a half or so. So I have multiple playlists with only one song in it. When I hit shuffle it plays a different song then what is in the Playlist. Does thi...
  • kelekelesiu
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature request: partial playlist download

Hi So this might be a strange use-case, I am open to suggestions on if I can achieve this in another way. Anyway, my regular listening/music discovery pattern is that I have one massive playlist (1500+ songs) which I listen to from the top. I add new...

• Hi   So this might be a strange use-case, I am open to suggestions on if I can achieve this in another way. Anyway, my regular listening/music discovery pattern is that I have one massive play...
  • mustafarizvi
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files- "Song not available" on android after changing SD card?

Hey! I'm still relatively new to spotify, but I just changed the SD card on my android, and redownloaded all of my playlists to it. However, the local files I had downloaded from before on there, all say "song not available" now. They are all availab...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I'm still relatively new to spotify, but I just changed the SD card on my android, and redownloaded all of my playlists to it. However, the local files I had downloaded from before on there, all...
  • lweickert8
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files on Android

Hey there, I've been looking all around and I can't find anything that works for me on it.I'm trying to make it so I can add some of my local files on pc in my playlist and make them able to play on my phone aswel. But I'm trying everything but it ju...

• Hey there, I've been looking all around and I can't find anything that works for me on it. I'm trying to make it so I can add some of my local files on pc in my playlist and make them able to play o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account stops automatically

Halle Spotify members,I have Spotify premium but out of nowhere my premium is gone. It happens 2 times now. I don't want that it stops. It's strange and irritating because now I have to pay again and make again my account premium. I don't know the pr...

• Halle Spotify members, I have Spotify premium but out of nowhere my premium is gone. It happens 2 times now. I don't want that it stops. It's strange and irritating because now I have to pay again a...
  • jetx27
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes