Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Favorite?

Favorite?

IMG_20200724_070806.jpg

Hello, 

Why do up two covers to show me? How can i change this? Up right cover (Sonic) is first album than i add after install Spotife. Now i excluding this album from favorite, but it show me every day. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

(Huawei p10 lite)

Operating System

(Android 4.4.23 )

Regards, 

Huane Gashone 

8 Replies

Hey @huane_gashone 

What you see are called "Home Screen Shortcuts". These will update over time to be more relevant to what you listen to. They are supposed to show things you listen to most frequently at the certain time of day so you can quickly get to them.

You can read more about this feature here:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2020-03-09/get-to-your-favorites-faster-with-spotifys-new-home-screen/

"It’s a dedicated space at the top of Home to quickly and easily access your familiar music and podcasts. As you may notice throughout your day, the screen and content change along with your schedule, welcoming you with a “Good morning” and transitioning into “Good afternoon,” and even “Good evening” as daylight wanes."

If you would like to dive in and read how the feature works at an engineering level, you can read this:

https://engineering.atspotify.com/2020/04/15/reach-for-the-top-how-spotify-built-shortcuts-in-just-s...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thx, but 🙂 

Home screen shortcuts don't update. I listen that album/playlist 1 week ago. After this time i listen many other playlists, albums, tracks. 

I suggest to wait another week and see if it will update. If not, post back here and I can further help you troubleshoot the problem. If you are a new user, it takes Spotify a little bit longer to learn what music you like and to show better recommendations.

You can also try logging out of the app and then log back in.

(Doing this will keep all settings and playlists)

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have a similar problem. One playlist and playlist Favorite tracks are displayed. And that's all. Already a week. Help me pls

20401929.jpg

Ну да, какой-то баг

"I suggest to wait another week and see if it will update. If not, post back here and I can further help you troubleshoot the problem. If you are a new user, it takes Spotify a little bit longer to learn what music you like and to show better recommendations" - its ok 😉

"You can also try logging out of the app and then log back in" - dont work)

No changes. Week is gone

Hey @huane_gashoneHave you seen any changes to this feature yet?

@adagudeda Are you a new Spotify user? How long ago did you join, and do you usually listen to music more than one time during the day? The feature is supposed to show different shortcuts for different parts of the day: Morning, afternoon, and night and possibly a few other times during the day. It should change based on what it knows you usually listen to during that time of the day.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts