Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Filter+wrong song

Filter+wrong song

Hello, 

Weird stuff going on, started out of the blue. When I filter my playlist by, say, artist, the app plays the wrong song (the first song in the full playlist). It's happening in Android, not in my PC. Already reinstalled the app, cleared cache, deleted and retrieved playlist, to no avail. 

The only strange thing is that the playlist doesn't seem to be synching. 252 songs in my phone, 249 in my PC.

Thanks!

Alan

4 Replies

Hi again, 

I don't know if it had anything to do, but the problem is now gone, and I thought it'd be nice to share the solution (if it can be called that at all):

I cleared the Google Play Services cache in my phone, turned it off, turned it on again, and filtering was back to normal. 

To clear Google Services cache (Android 6): Apps>Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Google Play Services>Storage>Clear cache

It worked for me. I guess it's worth trying. 

Thanks!

Alan

It only happens on my Android, it works fine on W10 in my case.

Deleting the cache of Google Play didn't work for me.

Hi, 

Yeah, it's not working for me either, so maybe the first time it was just a coincidence.

It's been two days now that the glitch reappeared. Have tried everything (delete Spotify cache, uninstall the app, reinstall it, hard start my phone, etc.) to no avail. Extremelly irritating problem.

Hope they find a solution soon. I'm not falling into the "I-will-cancel-my-Spotify-service" thing because I believe that to be a bit childish, since the service is, all in all, pretty great. But this is definitelly irritating. 

Alan

I'm having this problem too, incredibly frustrating. Hoping for a fix ASAP

Suggested posts