Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Filters button not working on Android (Moto G)

Filters button not working on Android (Moto G)

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Moto G4

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

Since the latest update the "Filters" button in Playlist, Artists and Albums views does not work when tapped. Tapping on search field works, but tapping on the x to close the search field does not. This means I cannot access my downloads, sort the albums list, etc.

6 Replies

Same thing on my moto g6 with Android 9.

I have the same problem. I also found what causes the problem, in my case.

It's an Bluelight filter App, Twilight. As soon as I pause Twilight the filter button works again.

I use Twilight for several years now and never had a problem. So please, Spotify, look at this problem and try to work out an solution.

To everyone having the same problem: I think there's an app running on your phone that has an "overlay" on your screen, preventing the spotify menu to show, because that also is an overlay on top of the playlistscreen

I had the exact same problem and solved it by turning my blue light filter app off, thank you so much for sharing! But still, I'm very disappointed with Spotify for such an annoying bug, also never had problems with the blue light filter app before.

Glad I could help. And I hope Spotify can work around this issue

Same issue here on Galaxy S8. Pausing Twilight worked but as others said, I hope the engineers at Spotify fix this bug! Not sure how many "me too" votes it will take to get on their radar... 

i had the same problem on my lg g5. I was using an app called night screen, similar to yours. disabling it worked. And spotify devs still didn't do anything after a year. amazing.

Suggested posts