Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Sync does not recognize Spotify

Solved!

Ford Sync does not recognize Spotify

Hi,

I've updated Spotify yesterday to version 7.0.0.1369 armV7 on my Huawei P8 (Android 6.0.1) and since the Sync in my Ford Fiesta does Not recognize the app anymore. Any suggestion or should I Just wait for the next update?
65 Replies

Yeahh it seems sporadic on mine - didn't connect last night, but I've just tried it and it seemed to connect first time (ish)... I'll keep tabs on it and see what happens in the next few days

Mine is now working fine after the update.
Marked as solution

Mine is now working fine after the update.

I tried the new update tonight, but it doesn't find the app very well. The first time I had to scan for the app 5 times before it found it. The second time I stopped at 6 times. I'm going to go back to 6.9

My Spotify app is "working" in my F150...but not like I'm used to it working before the 7.0 update. My Sync doesn't immediately recognize Spotify from the 'Mobile Applications' menu and I have to "find" it. Even then, it takes a couple of tries and sometimes I have to disconnect my bluetooth connection and restart it for the app to be found. But at least I can listen my playlists from the app. I just hope that Spotify doesn't quit trying to enhance the app so that it will work seamlessly like it was a few weeks ago. 😉

******UPDATE******

Having first tried the app and it not working I tried again this morning and it worked with no problems,  SPOTIFY was sitting there in the apps list.

One thing i did notice on the app settings page where you update the apps it now says up-to-date where before it said update required.  Coincidence?  Who knows.

Seems to be working ok, will restart after I have left the car and returned etc. 

Will wait and see if it carrys on

Mine has been working since the update until yesterday when it stopped again.....

Anyone else's stopped working again after latest update?

Nope, mine seems to be working mostly fine.... the only exception to that is if Doze (Android 6.0 +) has killed Spotify, I need to make sure I start it before my car connects to the phone... otherwise its just a case of re-finding the app. That's an "Android Battery Cleanup" issue rather than a Spotify issue though.

Ever since this original update messed things up, things just don't seem to work like they used to or like I had gotten used to (for TWO YEARS!). I have almost all of my abilities back and able to use Spotify in my truck but the one thing that absolutely annoys me is that none of my playlists will 'shuffle' and I can't make them. According to Ford SYNC, a voice command for Spotify is supposed to be "Turn Shuffle On. Turn Shuffle Off", but those don't work. Does anyone have any insight into how I can make my music shuffle while listening through my Ford SYNC?

My Spotify dont work after last Update . Ford Sync 3 .

The app does not show up on Sync most of the time, it actually show up on the phone as running but nothing on Sync. Also have issues to use it on Android Auto.

Galaxy S7 latest update with Ford Escape 2017 with Sync 3.

I've got a 2016 Focus and had a Samsun Galaxy S6, this weekend upgraded to S8+. Spotify has been very spotty on showing up in Sync with the S6 more and more recently. In the week I have had the S8, I don't think Spotify has shown up once in Sync. I did a software update last night to Sync to the latest version, still no Spotify this morning. I have had some issues with Pandora showing up in Sync, but it does show up more often than Spotify does.

I am having similar issues since about last week

Same here... Getting "No apps found" on my ford sync.

Sadly, it looks like it never will again.

https://support.spotify.com/is/listen_everywhere/in_the_car/ford/

The only way to get Spotify to work is to use Bluetooth Audio.

Does anyone know if this will work with an old version of the Spotify App on the phone or did Spotify remove disable the Ford side?

I'll answer my own question.  You can roll back to an earlier version of the phone app and it works......at least until Spotify stops supporting that version.

Terrible decision from Spotify. Do you know the reason?

Totally gutted I really enjoyed the app sync in my ford focus, as it made chosing playlists easier and safer on long journeys.

Spotify, as you can see there is a huge comminity of ford drivers, who also enjoyed this feature, and we emplor you to reintergrate the service back into the app.

Suggested posts