Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Sync does not recognize Spotify

Solved!

Ford Sync does not recognize Spotify

Hi,

I've updated Spotify yesterday to version 7.0.0.1369 armV7 on my Huawei P8 (Android 6.0.1) and since the Sync in my Ford Fiesta does Not recognize the app anymore. Any suggestion or should I Just wait for the next update?
65 Replies

Hello,

I am emailing again for an update on this issue please, not only for myself, but the plethora of Ford Spotify users that have posted on the forum. I understand that this is being escalated up the chain, but further detail on any progress would be greatly appreciated. At present none of us can update our Spotify without losing all Spotify functionality in our cars, which as I'm sure you can imagine causes concern because this means we could be missing out on essential, bug/security flaw-fixing updates.

Any further detailed updates would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

jimjam1403

Lets hope this gets a proper response

I have the same problem. Ford Focus the new sync 3 radio. 👹
Marked as solution

*** IMPORTANT UPDATE ***

Hey jimjam1403, 

Thanks for your patience with this issue. 

We've taken on all your comments and the tech team investigating the issue have appreciated them. We've received news that a fix for this issue is included in Spotify 7.1 for Android. This should be rolled out to Google Play soon. 

Please don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other issues. We'll be happy to help. 

Many thanks, 

Hopefully a fix should be coming "soon" - when Spotify 7.1 will roll out I am not sure...

Awesome!

There's a new update appeared tonight on google play but haven't managed to test yet.

I updated and version is 7.0.0.1371 armV7 and the issue is still the same.  This doesnt appear to be the 7.1 version referred to earlier?

Same here. This update has not solved any issues.

Mine did as well, but from what I could see (under settings) it was just a later version of 7.0, not 7.1 which is rumoured to be the all magical fantastical fix

Version 7.1 just appeared in google play......havent tested yet.

Same update appeared for me - need to wait until i finish work until I test it.  Might be able to let you know this evening.

I've just tried this new update and it still DOES NOT work... Needless to say I've re-emailed support for a follow up

Maybe its in a sub-version of 7.1

I'll stay on 6.9 for now.....

Good plan - I'm on 7.1.0.1025 for now... I won't be needing it for this weekend so if there's no fix by Monday I'll have to downgrade.... AGAIN

How do you downgrade?

Check my reply on the first page 🙂 (should be the first comment)

Thanks, I've downloaded it. I may hold off for a few days as I'm only doing shirt trips to see if they fix it, but I'm armed with a working version 6.9 for future.....

No worries 🙂

As soon as I hear anything I'll post it on here!

I know you've said it already - but just to confirm it doesnt work for me either.

That's cool, the more people saying it doesn't work - the more they might listen and not continue blaming Ford!

The 7.1.0.1025 armV7 works here.

Edit: works sometimes... 😕 Had to disable and enable bluetooth on phone and re-scan for apps.

Suggested posts