Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google assistent

Solved!

Google assistent

Hello premium user here in Sweden here

I just got my new Samsung s10 plus and decided to start trying to use Google assistent with my spotify account.

However i cant get it to start playing music it opens the app and search the artist and/or song name i tell it to play but it doesnt start playing.

I have tried to reinstall and relink both my google home ap and spotify several times but still same problem.

Anyone have a solution?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello Daanne,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Try this!

Go to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > microphone

Give Spotify access to microphone permissions and then force close Spotify, then use google assistant to play music.

Let me know if it worked! 

🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello Daanne,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Try this!

Go to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > microphone

Give Spotify access to microphone permissions and then force close Spotify, then use google assistant to play music.

Let me know if it worked! 

🙂

Tried it same thing happens i ask it to play for example smooth criminal it says playing music then opens spotify types in the song and then stops there i just se the search results but it doesnt start playing.

Ive tried my playlists, different artists etc but still same thing happens.

Could you please confirm that you're using Google assistant?

(shown in screenshot)

Screenshot_20190312-200751.png

I use this one 🙂 

Screenshot_20190312-154759_Google.jpg

Ah! There you go.
You should use the one shown in my screenshot.
You can access that by holding down the home button. When that opens, follow the steps I mentioned earlier and it should work fine !

Ohh thanks alot! 

I was using the correct one aswell i just had to configure it with holding down the home screen button! 🙂

now it works 😄

Always happy to help! Could you also please help other users find this solution by clicking "accept as solution" on my first reply?
Have a great day!

solutely and thanks alot 🙂 

Suggested posts