Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Google clock can't connect to Spotify

Google clock can't connect to Spotify

Plan

Premium 8.7.44.968

Country

Mexico

Device

Redmi Note 11S

Operating System

Android 11 RPA.200720.011

I  recently changed phones and I can't connect Spotify with Google Clock. When I setup an alarm I get the usual message. Only when I open the Spotify app at the same time does Google clock find it. However when the alarm goes off the regular ring tone goes off. 

I have followed several troubleshooting steps. Clean uninstall, reinstall of both apps, battery setup, log off and log in, etc. And nothing works. 

Is this an issue with Google clock? Do you h ave any other recommendations for alarm clock apps that use Spotify?

Thanks

5 Replies

Hey @Paaawwm,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We get that you'd like to use Spotify in connection to your Google Clock app on your new Android mobile device. Here are the steps that need to be followed: 

1. Open the Google Clock app and go to the Alarm page.
  2. Tap the Plus button and you can create a new alarm.
  3. Tap the Sound icon and swipe over to the Spotify tab.
  4. Press the Connect icon to access your Spotify account on the app.
  5. Select a playlist or album from Spotify or search for a specific track to set as the clock sound.

Also, on this article here you can find more details and alternative apps that could be used for the same functionality. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you, but that is how I use the Clock app. I previously used it on my old phone and it worked perfectly. When I swpe to the Spotify tab it simply says that it coulnd't establish the conection with Spotify and to try again later. If I open the Spotify app and go back to the clock app then it connects. When the alarm goes off it doesn't sound my selected song, just the regular ringtone.

Hey again @Paaawwm,

Thanks for this rapid response!

This sounds odd indeed. Could we ask you for a short screen recording of the process? This will help us take a better look and try emulate the process on our end as well. It will also be very useful for reporting it to our tech folks backstage. You can send a link to the video or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, 

Sorry it took me so long, here is a link to the video https://youtube.com/shorts/_n8idzMQHrY

I hope it helps locating the issue.

Thank you

Hi @Paaawwm,

Thanks for the video and sorry for the late reply.

We were unable to reproduce this on our end. Could you try logging in to Spotify on another mobile device that has Google Clock to see if you'd experience the same behavior there? A friend's or a relative's would do the trick.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts