Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google home and Spotify linking

Solved!

Google home and Spotify linking

Hi so I want to link my Spotify account with my google home ,yet I somehow don't see an option to under the Google home settings I have looked everywhere and I know how to link accounts the option to link Spotify is just not their 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @OMGitscarl,

It sounds like this issue has arisen because Spotify is not available in your country. The Google Home app typically only shows the option to link to services which are currently available in your country.

As this issue is with the Google Home application and not Spotify, I recommend checking out the Google Home support site and potentially contacting Google for more help.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @OMGitscarl,

Welcome to the community!

Please follow these steps to log into your Spotify account using the Google Home app:

1. Download and open the Google Home app.
  2. Tap the menu in the top-left corner.
  3. Tap Account preferences.
  4. Tap Media accounts.
  5. Select Spotify and tap Link Account, then Log in to Spotify.
    If you don’t have an account you can create a new one by tapping Sign up to Spotify. After this you’ll need to start the account link process from the beginning.
  6. Log in using your Spotify account details.
  7. Tap OKAY to confirm.

Note: You can only link one Spotify account to your Google Home.

Once you've linked Spotify to your Google account, you can make Spotify the default player so you don’t have to specify “on Spotify” at the end of each voice command. Google Home gives you this option when you ask it to play music. Simply say ‘yes’ to agree!

You can also make Spotify the default player manually:

1. In the Google Home app, tap the menu in the top left.
  2. Tap Music.
  3. Select Spotify to set as the default music player for your Google Home.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hi yes thanks for the reply, I already have a Spotify account 

When I go to browse in myself google home app it says under music services google play and Spotify but following what you said I get how to link accounts but the option to link my account is just not their 

Note : I live in a country where Spotify is not yet released could that be the problem , should I move? Lol 

Marked as solution

Hey @OMGitscarl,

It sounds like this issue has arisen because Spotify is not available in your country. The Google Home app typically only shows the option to link to services which are currently available in your country.

As this issue is with the Google Home application and not Spotify, I recommend checking out the Google Home support site and potentially contacting Google for more help.

NoahSpotify Star

I talked with the google home support and they tried their best but couldnt resolve the issue

so i guees i'll have to live with ti , thank you so much for the help 

Hey @OMGitscarl,

That's too bad Google couldn't help you out. Hopefully, Spotify will be available in your country soon, and you'll be able to connect it to your Google Home. In the meantime, you can always use Spotify Connect to play music on your Google Home if you have a Spotify Premium account.

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotifycares/playlist/0BV9CeaUdGMmPNAxjqnYoU

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts