Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+ and Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When using "Group Session", my friend reports that her songs are starting at the :52 mark instead of starting fresh when she joins my session. When I join hers, either the music isn't playing or we are somehow not on the same song.

We have force closed all apps, tried with wifi and cell data, even restarted phones and switched hosting. The syncing issue is present after maybe 1 song is played.

*with the :52 issue, my song is starting fresh, so I told her to listen all the way until her song ends and see what happens. Her song just restarts until my device goes to the next song, which will start at the :52 mark again for her.

2 Replies

Hi @BoogyWoogy,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and for sharing your troubleshooting.

Note that the Group Session feature is still in beta testing so it is expected that not everything would work as it is supposed to.

What we can recommend in this case is to try running a clean reinstall of the app on all of the devices you're using. This is different that just deleting and reinstalling the app. Follow the device specific steps from this article.

Let us know if anything changed after the clean reinstall.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had the same problem (but with a different time offset) and it was caused by the system time on one of the computers being incorrect. Synchronising the time to an internet time server (such as time.google.com) fixed the issue.

Suggested posts