Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC Droid DNA - Stuttering (Stream or Offline)

HTC Droid DNA - Stuttering (Stream or Offline)

I recently moved from an iPhone 4 to the new Verizon HTC Droid DNA. I installed Spotify almost immediately and I am having playback issues.

I can start a song and at some point it will start to stutter/skip in and out. It is very hard to listen to music now. I cleared the cache and data and logged back in and the problem persists. It does not matter if its streaming or if I am playing an offline song, it still skips. If I stop the song and play it again, it improves. I do not have this problem when I use Spotify on my Nexus 7.

I am a premium subscriber and I use Spotify a ton during my 2 hour commute to work each day. This is a big show stopper which is a bummer as I really enjoy spotify.

Please Help!

9 Replies

I am experiencing this as well -- exactly how you are reporting it -- I wonder if it is stuttering when I would get the message about wifi availability.

I'm wondering if turning off verizon location services will help this -- I notice that when I am running remotely in areas with no wifi around, I don't have any issues and I think verizon location services uses wifi to determine location.  I will test this tomorrow morning.   The other reason I suspect this was that my other phone did not have this problem, and even though I was on verizon, it didn't have verizon location services because it was the galaxy nexus with a custom ROM.

not the verizon location services -- back to the drawing board!

I am on a Samsung galaxy A stuttering slot lately my other phone didn't do this

I've had the same problem on my Sony Ericsson Arc S for about a week now and I still haven't figured out a way to solve it. 

Anyone with any ideas?

- E

I have figured out the problem -- unfortunately I don't have a solution at this point it is actually pretty easy to determine the problem -- the stuttering always takes place when the phone discovers an available wifi network and which it has to turn on and then turn off the wifi to do -- during that process it stutters -- if you go into the developer options and keep the screen on -- drive around with music playing and you will notice that when it stutters, the wifi icon will appear and then disappear.   There does not seem to be a way in the stock software to be able to disable this function -- although it is interesting that this only happens with spotify -- if I play the same songs in google music -- I get no stuttering at the wifi on or off.  You can eliminate the problem by putting your phone in airplane mode, but that kind of defeats some of the reason for carrying your phone around and listening to music.  If anyone figures out a way to disable the auto on and off for wifi, please post.

I've had this same issue with my HTC EVO LTE with offline tracks as well as streaming tracks. I've had the phone for a while but the issues started after the 4.1 Android update. I thought it was a problem with the Beats Audio software, but with that dissabled the issue persisted. I've honestly got no clue what's causing these problems, but it's getting pretty annoying.

I was having the same problem. It seems to happen only when I am on wifi. I went to the advanced wifi settings and turned on the "Best wifi Performance" checknox and now the problem seems to have went away.

I have had this issue as well. Its like the songs just keep playing but it skips to the next one after two seconds. And just keeps going. I cant even close the app. It only does it in the afternoon when I get to the gym. It does not do it when I am on the bus in on my way to and from work. I use the same headphones, I am not sure if the headphones would cause this issue or not. I uninstalled the app and downloaded it again. I am kind of at a loss what else to do.

Suggested posts