Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hanging Playlist - Android Auto

Hanging Playlist - Android Auto

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy A70 

Operating System

Android v10

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

I bought a brand new (Android Auto) head unit for my car shortly before Christmas so I could switch effortlessly between playlists, etc. on Spotify. Absolutely no problems with it ... Until today. 

I've noticed that now, my largest playlist, won't load on the car interface. I just get the green scrolling wheel forever. This doesn't affect any other playlist which remains accessible as normal.

Accessing the larger playlist was definitely working within the last few weeks as I remember doing it. I haven't made any other deliberate changes and other than this one playlist, everything is operating normally.

I've attached some photographs of the problem playlist. You can see an example of a working playlist (FFVII) and the largest "hanging" playlist that doesn't load.

Spotify1.jpg
spotify2.jpg
5 Replies

Hey there @terrorfex

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind letting us know how many songs your largest playlist has?

Also, could you try reinstalling the Spotify app to see if it makes any difference? You'll find the steps for a clean reinstall on your phone here

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thanks for the response. The Playlist which won't load is by far my largest on Spotify and has 1,160 songs on it.

Before I go and reinstall Spotify (and have to redownload everything) - does this seem to be the same issue as is going on in this thread elsewhere on the Community Page? If so, it doesn't seem like a reinstall will help and should I just wait for the resolution there?

Thank you.

Hi again @terrorfex

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The issue you're experiencing does sound like the one described in the thread you mentioned. 

In this case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and subscribing to that Ongoing Issue thread and we'll keep you updated with any relevant news there.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I've been tracking the other thread and they mentioned the problem should have been fixed in the latest app update. I downloaded it, reset my phone, and the problem is solved. All the long downloaded playlists are loading as normal. Great stuff.

Thanks to the team for sorting this out so quickly!

Hey there @terrorfex,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for your confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great continued weekend.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts