Premium

Country

USA

Device

GALAXY S10 PLUS

Operating System

ANDROID 9

My Question or Issue

With any headphones both wired and bluetooth. If I press play on the headphone controls it automatically starts playing a song from the spotify app even though the app is closed. I turn my phone on put on headphones by mistake hit play and last song I was listening to on the spotify app starts playing. Is there anyway to change this. If my app is not open pressing play should not open the app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Maxmusic1,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Try launching Samsungs Sound Assistant app. If you don't have it yet, you'll be able to get it from the Galaxy Store. With this app you can set some preferences around music apps.

Hope it's what you need! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Maxmusic1,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Try launching Samsungs Sound Assistant app. If you don't have it yet, you'll be able to get it from the Galaxy Store. With this app you can set some preferences around music apps.

Hope it's what you need! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I go to advanced settings and than set my favorite media app to a different app just so spotify should not play If I by mistake press play on my headphone. It helped but once I reopened spotify and closed it

It went back to playing spotify when I hit play button on headphones. I feel like the problem is that the spotify app never really goes to sleep after you close it...

Hi there. I got a Huawei P-smart, so now what do I do because I have this same problem?

I can use my controls like normal, but once I open Spotify, it sort of prioritizes itself with me controls and I can't use my changed default music application. 

Suggested posts