Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help randomizing playlists?

Help randomizing playlists?

Hi, I'm an android user that unwillingly transferred from Google Play Music to Spotify Premium and I'm having a bit of trouble. I mostly listen to Spotify in my car with handsfree "okay Google" commands. One of the things I liked best about GPM is when I asked Google to "play music", it always gave me a new radio playlist. This exposed me to new stuff all the time.

With Spotify, however, it's just continuing the playlist I was playing the night before. I'm able to hear new songs by playing "discover weekly", but it's still not the same as the playlist is finite and eventually repeats itself. 

Is there a setting I can use to make Spotify play a new playlist each time I ask Google to play music? Without me asking to play a specific playlist - I like being surprised.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hey there @acerynn!

Welcome to the Community and to Spotify.

You can get the Google assistant to play random songs with the command ''Recommend me music'', but for now this works only with smart speakers and not the phone app. Hopefully the feature will come to phones soon.

For now what we can recommend is trying to play the other made for you playlists besides ''Discover Weekly''. For example your Release Radar or the Daily mixes. Click here to read more about them.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts