Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

High Cpu Usage on Android???

Solved!

High Cpu Usage on Android???

Hello. I have installed Spotify in both an Android Phone and a Nokia S60 phone.

The first is a HTC Chacha with Android 2.3.5. This phone has 512MB of RAM and a 800 mhz CPU, and Spotify version is 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3.

The second is a Nokia N86 8MP. This phone has 128MB of RAM and a 434 mhz CPU, and Spotify version is 0.4.8.17.g21854b59.

So: I can not use Spotify for listening music with the HTC Chacha with the screen turned off. The music starts to stop and start, stop and start... several times a second. When I turn the screen on, the music plays as normal. I turn it off, and the issue starts again.

This doesn't happen with the Nokia, a phone with lower specs.

AND this didn't happen with previous versions of the Android client.

I tried by resetting to factory the android phone, and installing the spotify client from market, but the issue is still there, so I dismissed the phone itself as being guilty of this.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Joe - Could this be the same issue we saw as few weeks ago with the HTC Wildfires? Same android version I think.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Android 2.3.5 had pretty aggressive power saving including reducung the cpu frequency, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if there's is a way around this but you may want to search Google for solutions.

Thanks for your answer.

I could use this same HTC Chacha mobile phone with the same OS and same specs for hearing spotify with the screen off.

I even managed to use an app that allows to put the CPU to max power even with the screen turned off, and the issue stays.

At last, this did NOT happened with previous versions of Spotify...

Marked as solution

@Joe - Could this be the same issue we saw as few weeks ago with the HTC Wildfires? Same android version I think.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

Thanks. This put me on the way to download 0.6.4.46, that resolved the issue for me!!!

In another post here on this community, I found a link for version 0.6.6.270. It seems to be the last 0.6 version for android.

This also works well, with no interruptions at all while screen turned off...

So, it seems that something got broken with 0.7... 😛

Suggested posts