Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung S8+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Last month Spotify use 17.8 gig and the first 7 days of this month it's already at 3.76 gig. My settings are set for wifi download only and I have my personal library. I also have a issue with my library fir the past few months... it disappears... I can see it online with my PC but not with my phone.

Screenshot_20210909-142409_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20210909-142416_Settings.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @HairyBeast,

Thanks for the post!

Regarding the data drain - You can make sure that the following settings are enabled, to limit data draining.

• You can have different settings for listening online (Streaming quality). You can find more info about the different options in this support site article. Keep in mind that the higher the stream quality, the more data will be used. 

• You can reduce your data usage by toggling on Data Saver from the app's settings on your mobile device. To find out how you can do this, along with other tips, we'd recommend taking a look at this support site article.

Regarding your Library not appearing - if you don't see the same playlists on your phone, as on your PC, most likely you're logged in two different accounts. Check if the usernames on both devices match. You can have a look at this article for more info too.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

HI! and thank you for your answer...

I know how to set up my account... I have my premium account since 2018 and I had no issue till last month. I erase the app and reinstalled from scratch. This issue seems to be corrected for the moment. For my library I have only 1 account / login and I can see my library when I log with a pc but it doesn't show on my cell. Again, have been using the same account for the past few years.

Thank's in advance...

Hi @HairyBeast,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

If running a reinstall seems to have fixed the issue, most probably there were old cache files causing it. 

Please test it for a couple of weeks more and let us know how it keeps running. 

We'll be on the lookout!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Do you have any idea about my library? 

Hi @HairyBeast,

Thank you for your reply.

This does seem odd. Can you log out and then back in with the same username and password on both devices and see if the issue persists?

On another note - can you see some of the playlists on your mobile phone?

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts