Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I remove a device from Connect?

How can I remove a device from Connect?

I have three devices listed under "Show Available Devices" section on my phone:

-SM-N9005 (This device)

-SM-P600 (Unavailable for playback)

-SM-P600

How can I get rid of the duplicate SM-P600 tablet that is always listed as unavailable (under listing for available deiveces)? My desktop client does not list the unavailable one.

I suppose the strange duplicate device could be behind my playback problems that started when Connect was introduced. Frequently when I start playback on my tablet, it plays the song for half a second before pausing again. I must switch the playback in my phone to SM-N9005 (This device), restart the song and then while playing transfer it to SM-P600. This fixes the problem for some time.

24 Replies

If you open Connect on the tablet, does it see the other "tablet"?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm not too technical, but I would try switching off your devices and then going into your router settings and do a refresh on the connected devices and see if this clears it. Or maybe manually remove the ip address from the router.

Have you tried to re-install Spotify on your phone in the past?

Could be that the whole issue is more related to the playback bug I explained above. It has been working today, showing only one phone and one tablet on both devices but I will check what it is showing on the tablet the next time it occurrs.

Basically, it sometimes goes into a state where the song started from the tablet only plays for half a second before pausing again. The only way to fix I've found is to transfer the playback to my phone (from my phone), start the song and then transfer back to tablet.

This has been going over few versions already, I've factory reset the whole tablet while this problem has existed. Started with the introduction of Connect.

Hey there. What version of Spotify do you use? Please let me know, you can find it from Spotify app settings.

The very latest one downloaded manually (the one which has the looks you praised).

As I said, the previous ones had this issue too. And no, I guess there really is no way to remove a device but that it shouldn't be there to begin with and it is all related to this playback pausing issue.

Have you tried to reset your router to remove all double-not-available-diveces from list?

The problem repeated itself today again and yes, the not-available-for-playback device SM-P600 is there on my tablet too now.

This has nothing to do with my router, I've rebooted it time and again and there are no ghost devices on any IP lease tables or such.

I know it's a pain, but it might be worth re installing Spotify on all of the devices you have if you haven't already?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've even factory wiped and udated firmware manually twice to that tablet while this problem has been reapperaing regularly. No issues on my phone so I haven't tried that yet. The phone is just what I use as solution to the tablet constantly pausing.

Did you try to log off everywhere in the spotify account settings/overview? In my case I've lost all spotify connect devices and could finally reconnect!

I'm actually trying to add onto this topic.  I install home theater receivers, and have been demoing Spotify for my customers.  Now I have all of their systems in my "Available Devices" list, and I've accidentally played music at their house while they were trying to watch tv.  I've obviously stopped demoing Spotify, but I need to find a way to "unpair" my account from these other devices.

I have my iphone as a device as well as my desktop, but recently someone's HTC one has appeared on my device list and I cannot get rid of it, I don't know who they are but their playlists keep appearing in my music selections and I am not interested in their selections at all, do I really have to delete everything and start again!

I've tried loggin off of every device, and then logging back on, and it doesn't help...actually discovered someone's chromecast in my neighborhood that I don't even know.

This help article could be useful for people with unwanted devices in their list, but I'm not sure about how useful it would be for deleting a duplicate device. I hope this can help somebody, at least!

That is for "active" devices on your account,  not available devices via connect.  

Unfortunately this is not possible The device does not appear on my device list but is always there on connect and frequently the persons track list appears in my playlist

This needs to be fixed Spotify my customers are getting pissed.

+1 PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE!!!

Suggested posts