Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Note 8

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I noticed the Spotify app auto updates itself, even after disabled auto updates in the Google Play store, both globally, and specifically for spotify.  The update notification is coming from the Spotify app.  Please advise how to disable auto updates.

5 Replies

Hi, @scarler_wahoo!

Are you just getting the notification or is it still auto updating? Please respond with more information. 

- Emily 🙂 

Hi @scarler_wahoo, it's not possible to disable auto-updates. Have a nice day! 🙂

Thanks for the info!

That is unacceptable, especially for people on metered connections.  I believe Canada and the UK are making this practice illegal.  I'll try and find a solution.  Perhaps changing access permissions to the folder where the downloaded files are temporarily stored will stop auto updates.  If so, could be implemented with a simple bash script to toggle auto updates on and off.  Of course you need root access to your phone.

You can, if you signed out. I am experiencing this while playing apps, suddenly lags the game. Then, icheck notification bar and update of downloaded music is in process. There are no options to disable this but signing out works if you're not using it at the moment.

go to google play and click on my apps. Click on spotify and click the three dots upper right hand corner. Turn off auto update. 

Suggested posts