Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove audio seek in dropdown notification bar?

How to remove audio seek in dropdown notification bar?

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

Huawei P30 Lite

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

So I recently update to Android 10, and one of the features is the seekable audio in the dropdown notification bar. I hate it. It takes up space, I accidentally jump place in the song, and it's unnecessary.

How can I get rid of it without removing the normal audio controls from the dropdown notification bar?

Screenshot_20200409_192111_com.android.chrome.jpg
3 Replies

Hello @JoshuaBotes!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. Unfortunately, currently it's not possible to turn off the bar without disabling the rest of the music controls. In this case, I'd recommend you create a new idea in our Community Ideas Exchange and hopefully Spotify will consider implementing it.

Let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue. If there "isn't a fix" for the problem this update created, then Spotify just lost my payment and download. I'll check back in six months to see if they've pulled their heads out of their rear and removed this nonsense. 

Hi there @SaraFedUp,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts