Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to stop the app from launching on start up?

Solved!

How to stop the app from launching on start up?

Every time I reboot my phone, spotify pops up, but it never even loads properly unless I close app and launch if again, that aside I do not want it to launch when I start my phone, only when I launch it, no other apps do this, I looked in setting but didn't find an option for this, any help please?
P.s using galaxy s4 i9505

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In that case a factory reset of your phone followed by a reinstall of spotify is probably the way to go. You did download spotify from Google Play and not some dodgy third party site?

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Mine never opens if I restart my android devices. In fact, it takes some effort to have android launch an app on startup. I'd guess you may be running some sort of app which launches it such as Startup Manager or one of the many variations on this.

The spotify app doesn't request the required permission for an app to be able to start at bootup, therefore it is for sure some third party app that launches it.

That the spotify app doesn't load properly (empty screen) is another unaddressed bug present since a long time.

Thanks for the advice, I will look in to what possible apps would open it and report back on here with my findings.

Alas I am baffled entirely, I don't have too many apps so after scanning through all of them (minus games) checking settings and other menus, no such option to launch apps on startup. The only app with such an option is snapdragon battery guru, but it doesn't register spotify in its general menu therefore am certain its not that.
So I'm sure it has to be spotify, maybe a bug,
Although it maybe just my phone with an issue,
With that said it's not really an issue that causes me a problem, but I find it rather odd.

Like mentioned before, the Spotify app contains no such program code to launch at startup. Also, if it would really launch by itself, this forum would be full of complaints about it.

Well I installed startup manger literally ddisabled everything mins essential system processes, and still the same, I then uninstalled the app, which would disable any such app from lunching it via user controlled settings, I restarted booted fine, I then reinstalled spotify and rebooted only to find the same issue.
I get what your saying about the app permissions, I just can't find a better explanation.
Marked as solution

In that case a factory reset of your phone followed by a reinstall of spotify is probably the way to go. You did download spotify from Google Play and not some dodgy third party site?

I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle right now, but I that's certainly a option, and yes all legit on here, never even rooted this device and intend not too as I have my old s3 for that sort of thing.

This has me totally puzzled. The only other thing I can think of is that something is trying to open a spotify URI on startup which might cause spotify to try to launch. If you go to android settings/apps/spotify, is there anything in the launch by default section?

Clutching at straws now.

A great idea and I thought that might work as I never checked prior but unfortunately there's no defaults set for the app.
Hmm, I have an idea, I installed the official pre - release 4.3 rom for s4 which included knox and was usable, I then updated the s4 to the official release 4.3 rom which you can't use knox, is it possible I set it to auto start through that and through the update lost access too knox but the effect is still in place?
Now that is a question.

I should state, knox is usable for business users and not personal users.

Hi I got the same issue spotify will launch after boot up to a blank page even after removing spotify from boot with all-in-one-toolbox

Doesn't changing the settings in the spotify app work for you?

Screenshot - 24_03_2014 , 23_33_45.png

😞  Not much of a solution.  Annoying....  Will have to delete it if it doesn't allow me to control my preferences.

This thread seems to have wandered from android app to desktop client and now I'm totally confused. @kylie1016 can you give a bit more information and I'll try to help.

Hey I noticed this started happening when I got a smart watch. I assume the startup command came along with Android wear.

This happens contantly and without any control at all. I am seriously considering giving up on spotify and stsrt using another service

Suggested posts