Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I got the Premium!!

I got the Premium!!

I just got the Premium for 3 months and I cant download any music or listen offline like the offer said I would!!

4 Replies

You need to be online, and then click on your playlist and make it "available offline" which downloads the songs directly to your phone TEMPORARILY for like 30 days or something. I think this is how it works, I'm new to this too.

airgiles1 is partially correct; the app needs to have a stable internet connection to download the playlists and albums you have marked to "Make Available Offline." Then, you can switch to "Offline Mode" to listen to those songs without an internet connection. The 30 day restriction applies only to the app, however; it means the app needs to connect to the internet at least once every 30 days. The songs will remain downloaded for as long as you want them to be, or until your permium subscription runs out.

If meant that you don't have the option to download songs, then I'd recommend restarting the app. If that doesn't help, try restarting your device, then uninstall and reinstall the app. If all of that doesn't help, you can start a support ticket with Spotify and they can help you.

Also, the option to download tracks via cellular data is not on by default - I tripped on that one back when I was new to this. By default it will download over WiFi, but if you go into the settings within the spotify app, there's a toggle that will allow downloading over your mobile data 3g/4g or whathaveyou. Just in case any users run into this one 🙂

" Then, you can switch to "Offline Mode" to listen to those songs without an internet connection. "

This is not required to listen offline. Simply sliding the 'Available Offline' slider for the individual playlist or album, and allowing time for the tracks to download, is sufficient.

The Offline Mode function is confusing. As far as I can tell, the only useful benefit of this function is to prevent Spotify from connecting and using bandwidth downloading pending tracks when you are online with your device to do other activities.

Suggested posts