Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Intrusive or what!!!!!!

Intrusive or what!!!!!!

The latest android update has become very intrusive, I can understand needing know when the phone is in use buy why does it need to know the remote number that you called?

This is absolutely disgraceful behaviour on the part of spotify, it is like music by the NSA or GCHQ.

The latest update will not be installed because of this and no doubt soon I won't bother to use the service.

6 Replies

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the permissions of which the Spotify app asks for acces for. 

If you have your android phone rooted or install a custom rom you go deeper within your android phone and be able to control it more.

These are the current permissions of which the app is asking to have access to.

output_5adNXm.gif

(its a GIF file)

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Appreciate the response but the issue is Spotify think the permission is acceptable and poking around in subscribers private information is acceptable. Well it isn't, it is intrusive, uneccesary and a breach of privacy.

This sort of behaviour in my opinion damages spotify a company, there is no excuse.

As for rooting the phone to control a wayward app, it is possible but why do I have to fix a problem created by someone else and void the warranty, seems like a lose lose situation to me.

I will also be raising the issue with the media as this sort of behaviour is just unacceptable spying.

To be honest, your right. It isn't right!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

I hate to be 'that' guy...but your info is already very easily accessible. If you don't like it, you don't have to download it, but virtually EVERY company is doing it these days, so good luck finding a good app that won't ask this from you. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Well I am quite careful with my info and nothing shows on a google search.

The main issue here is spotify have increased the permissions in the app and then ensure old versions of the app become unuseable forcing people to upgrade so they can nick private information. Why do spotify want this information?  What are they going to with it? Is the phone number of your friend going to help them supply music to you?  I think not.

If it wasn't for the permissions you wouldn't know there was an info leak.

I understand where you're coming from as I've been there before, but with the increase of information, it's just difficult to protect your data these days. I hope you find what you're looking for! 

Spotify's a great service and I can almost assure you that there aren't any immediate plans for world domination or secret sharing. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts