Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to sync from a Mac to an Android device?

Is it possible to sync from a Mac to an Android device?

Just subscribed to Premium today. I've created a few playlists already on my Mac but when I click on my device (HTC Desire) in the left hand column there is nothing in there to sync! The playlists aren't showing only 'Local files', 'Starred' and 'iTunes' which are all empty. Is this an incompatibility problem or am I doing something wrong?

I hope I can get this fixed as syncing to my mobile was the only reason for upgrading to Premium.

7 Replies

Yes, it's possible.

Just make sure you've unchecked "no connection mode" (first line of your settings).

Your playlists will update when you're phone will be on the same WiFi network than your computer.

I am also having this problem, but this response does not make sense to me. I don't see a "no connection mode" on my computer or on my phone. My phone shows the playlist with a download bar at the top, but it stays at 0%. Trying to sync between Mac and Android, and they are already on the same wifi network.

Does your android appear in the desktop client under "Devices"? If not and if "Offline Mode" is off in the spotify android settings, then you may have a firewall or other security programme preventing them from connecting. Check out the connection troubleshooting post.

Thank you for the reply. My device is not showing up on my computer. My phone shows that spotify is in offline mode, but I can't figure out how to get it out of offline mode. When I go to settings, regardless of whether it's set to offline mode, the bottom of the screen states that "Spotify is offline." 

Turn offline mode off then try logging out and back in.

It worked! My songs are downloading. Thank you so much for your patience.

Haha - it seems to me that you were the patient one. Glad it worked - enjoy your music 🙂

Suggested posts